OT: We're going to have Raiders again!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

HansBolter

OT: We're going to have Raiders again!

Post by HansBolter »

Hans

JeffroK

RE: OT: We're going to have Raiders again!

Post by JeffroK »

I thought being a Marine was elite enough?

PR Department getting too big?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Yep always have been an issue. Each service wants their own "private army", creating much duplication of effort and expense. In WWII many argued that too many special units drained off good troops from regular line units thus harming their overall performance. It is a different world now so maybe there is more need.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Actually see why the USMC brass might support this , despite the fact that most Marines figure ALL Marines are elite. When SOCOM stood up , the Navy gave up Seals , and the Army Special Forces. But the Marines argued that "Force Recon" was organic to it's original division. SOCOM insisted. So the Marines created new RECON forces for SOCOM , and SOCOM alone. But it created confusion and some discontent. By designating the SOCOM RECON Marines "Raiders" , the Marines eliminate the confusion , make SOCOM happy , and get to restore a bit of their history. The one thing I've always loved about Marines is their reverence for history. I wish "my" service branch did. [:(]
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Less than 2 years of tradition to uphold.

USMC should have posted a Marine Bn to SOCOM, tell them "I/4th Marines" is good enough for you.

(I hate that half the Australian Army plays at being "Special Forces")
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”