New Update on the way...

Developed from the United States Marine Corps training simulation, Close Combat: Marines, you take command of modern US forces or various opposition forces in one of 25 scenarios included with the release.
Tejszd

RE: New Update on the way...

Post by Tejszd »

Over a year later now....
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

I'm very excited about this update. I can't way to be finally able to experience the "accurate and realistic modern equipment modelling" and "Accurately depicts modern tactical warfare and its challenges" features. I'm confident that all these years were dedicate to finally implementing them into the game.

Damn. I can't wait to accurately experience the challenge of fighting against US Army and against insurgents.
ruixilyy

Post by ruixilyy »

It is outrageous! We have been waiting for so many months and the so-called 'new-update' is nowhere!
You should fire when ready!
gillesvin2

Post by gillesvin2 »

....and the answer is?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Why wasn't this patch ever released by Matrix?
Chromey

Post by Chromey »

just got the game back looking forward to this getting big close combat patch like all the others got
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Would be nice if Matrix could release an update on CCMT.
Wasn't there German vehicles and teams already made to go with the modern German ranks already in the game?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

As is likely obvious by now, the plan for a CCMT update did not go through. This is something I'd like to revisit with Slitherine/Matrix at some point, but it will not be before The Bloody First is released.

Steve
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Things dont always go as planned. Even gamers know that:) - Everybody also should understand and applaud that work on TBF comes first for now.
Anyways, good to read that there is still a will to finnish the CCMT update, at least from your part Steve.

Thanks for feedback.
S
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

The original post was 7 years ago

And you want me to applaud the fact that they've moved on to TBF and have made how many games since this game?
Without patching this game.
A post by the way that was made by MATRIX STAFF!, telling buyers a patch is on the way.

And you support that decision and sum it as.........
Even gamers know things don't go as planned
Your a F'N Idiot Schnelle!

Absolutely Positively an IDIOT!

Especially when you yourself mentioned on 6/14/2015 9:22:10 AM
Would be nice if Matrix could release an update on CCMT.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: SchnelleMeyer

Things dont always go as planned. Even gamers know that:) - Everybody also should understand and applaud that work on TBF comes first for now.
Anyways, good to read that there is still a will to finnish the CCMT update, at least from your part Steve.

Thanks for feedback.
S

I do not agree that everyone should understand that TBF comes first. There are people buying the older CC titles today that are experiencing the bugs, especially the crash bugs in TLD/WAR, that you would expect the problems to be resolved.

Buyers of TBF need to watch how previous titles are supported and bugs left unaddressed as they will be ones hoping/pleading for their copy of TBF to get that one last patch before they move on to the next game....
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

I understand your point of view and I angree that older titles need to and should be patched up - Its not a good sign for buyers of TBF that "older" games is not being patched, even if there are well documented bugs outstanding. No doubt about that.

Now Matrix has gone ahead and started developing a new title in the CC-series. If this was wrong or not I dont know - but they need to make money. - With their no doubt limited programming staff I can see why they are prioritizing to finishing up the new game. When its finished I am expecting patches for the other CC Matrix games.
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

ORIGINAL: SchnelleMeyer

I understand your point of view and I angree that older titles need to and should be patched up - Its not a good sign for buyers of TBF that "older" games is not being patched, even if there are well documented bugs outstanding. No doubt about that.

Now Matrix has gone ahead and started developing a new title in the CC-series. If this was wrong or not I dont know - but they need to make money. - With their no doubt limited programming staff I can see why they are prioritizing to finishing up the new game. When its finished I am expecting patches for the other CC Matrix games.

Well, I agree with PM on this one. As PM pointed out, the original post was 7 years ago. At that time CCMT was NOT AN OLDER GAME.

And what gives Meyer the impression that Matrix NEEDS to make money. How many titles have they produced over time. Looks like they are making money, oui? I noticed several years running Matrix would have over 20,000 people on line simultaneously in December perusing the site, perhaps to make a purchase.

And then Meyer mentions the LIMITED PROGRAMMING STAFF. Pocus at Ageod for the most part has been their ONLY programmer, and AGEOD has produced a ton more stuff than the programmer dedicated to other CC games and CCMT. We just drew the black bean with the CC programmer.

So, Meyer, perhaps you are just 12 years old.
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay on the CCMT update, but it's finally getting close. We expect to go to public beta with it next week, so stand by for an announcement.

Regards,

- Erik

7 years. The reason I don't buy your games anymore.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

If it was a week away from release the major work; the programming and testing would have been done so don't know why they didn't bother putting out a patch???
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

ORIGINAL: Tactics

7 years. The reason I don't buy your games anymore.

OK, but you might be messing up. Matrix has produced a ton of cool games. CCMT was one of them. It is one of the few remakes that really didn't get any updates. Because of this reason it works very well.

Matrix used to have a site were you could get mods that converted CCMT into a WW2 game. These were very nice.

On some of the other remakes, Matrix would release an update, and issues would be resolved, but other issues would be introduced. This did not happen with CCMT.

Return to “Close Combat: Modern Tactics”