Getting old : tired eyes

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

RE: Getting old : tired eyes

Post by pontiouspilot »

Just all remember the words of wisdom from when you were young: "If you don't stop it you will go blind"!!! Funny how this pack of wankers are all blind.

I had a very happy result from laser surgery....a binocular solution so that 1 eye is for reading and 1 eye is for distance. I no longer use any glasses except when driving at night to correct the 1 eye. And no, I do not look like Don Knots now!!
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Symon
ORIGINAL: patrickl
Arggh, getting old and eyes are tired. Getting more shortsighted and have astigmatism. Love AE but may have to really cut back on the hours. How do you cope? I am 54.
Me too; nearsighted with astigmatism. I now have glasses with an opthalmic coating that cuts transmission of high energy blue wavelengths. The difference is remarkable. I can work for long periods without eye fatigue. I am 67.

[ed] I'm forcing all my employees, with glasses, to get this. It's not at all expensive as an adder for new glasses (maybe $30-$40), but I'm paying the freight for all new eyewear just for the protection. I'm also getting optical quality blanks, with the coating, for everybody else who doesn't ordinarily wear glasses. This is really good stuff.

Ciao. JWE
Think I am going to look into this.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

You're a young pup! I've a decade on you and still going strong.... what was it we were talking about????

As are you, I'm 70, Using the Alt font I don't have too much trouble but that's on a 23". When it gets to less than 17" I do or like you I think I do..
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: sventhebold
Symon Tell me more. I have astigmatism(bad) and just had an eye exam. I always get the coating for scratches(still crap) and the darkening lenses(white snow). What else do you recommend and who do you buy your glasses from? I bought just the lenses last time around and it was still 700 bucks and STILL had double vision. The eyeware company told me i was at the edge of correctable vision.
You should move to Alabama. I use Eastern Shore Eye Care. A complete exam, dilation and all, along with new bifocal lenses for my old frames was $375 total. They are a full service Hoya dealer, so the lenses come from a Hoya fabrication lab. The blue is just a UV/AR coating with some stuff in it to cut more of the 480-430nm above the uv. Hoya calls theirs BluTech. Same as SeeCoat Blue from Nikon. My astig isn't all that bad, but if you have astig I think it's just as important to get 'top of the line' lenses, as to get a full-boogie eye exam.

ps. my new prescription and lenses passed the star test. Went out at night and looked at the stars; all were crisp, clean point sources, even the 5th magnitude stuff. No doubling, bleeding, blurring, smudging. Did I mention that I'm very pleased with the results? [8D]

John
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

Symon Thanks for the info![:)]
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”