Aircraft Operation questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Tarawa565

Aircraft Operation questions

Post by Tarawa565 »

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot here (very likely) but I can't seem to get this to work.

I've set up F-35s on a BARCAP with a prosecution zone further out. But, they aren't turning to engage even when aircraft are closing on them through the prosecution zone.

I've attached a savegame.

Another thing that I can't figure out: is there a way to set up air intercept missions so that you only launch a flight of 2 a/c for every hostile group? If I have a carrier, can I get it so that if I allocate 10 F-18s to air intercept and have 3 inbound groups, the carrier launches 3 flights of 2 at each group while the remaining 4 hang back until more contacts show up inbound?

Thanks a bunch for the help!

Attachments
savegame.zip
(246.45 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Tomcat84

RE: Aircraft Operation questions

Post by Tomcat84 »

ORIGINAL: Tarawa565

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm just being an idiot here (very likely) but I can't seem to get this to work.

I've set up F-35s on a BARCAP with a prosecution zone further out. But, they aren't turning to engage even when aircraft are closing on them through the prosecution zone.

I've attached a savegame.

When using prosecution areas that are beyond the patrol area you should also tick the "engage targets outside patrol area" checkbox. Otherwise they will literally only engage in the patrol area.

ORIGINAL: Tarawa565

Another thing that I can't figure out: is there a way to set up air intercept missions so that you only launch a flight of 2 a/c for every hostile group? If I have a carrier, can I get it so that if I allocate 10 F-18s to air intercept and have 3 inbound groups, the carrier launches 3 flights of 2 at each group while the remaining 4 hang back until more contacts show up inbound?

As a scenario designer, you could script it for an AI side with events and triggers etc. As a human being playing a scenario, there is not really a pre set way to set this up (I think), other than to create missions as they go. Or manually direct your forces. I could be wrong though.

But it's not a bad idea, might be useful but it would have to make sense UI wise to set it up and not overly complicate things
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Tarawa565

Post by Tarawa565 »

Gotcha. That makes sense now!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of setting up missions at the start and then just letting the sim run. I use Command as a learning tool a lot so I like to see the AI versus AI behavior. Maybe something to look forward to in a later update!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah the 'limit the number of platforms investigating a contact' is already high on our to-do list [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”