Treasure trove of railgun information!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Showtime 100_MatrixForum

Treasure trove of railgun information!

Post by Showtime 100_MatrixForum »

I saw the chaos that happened in the last railgun thread, haha — this isn't meant to be anything like that one!

/u/HephaestusAetnaean put together a massive Naval Railgun FAQ that anyone interested in warships will probably find a good read; it's full of info and juicy tidbits gleaned from various statements and interviews.

Here's a reddit thread on it with a lot of images. The formatting of the wiki post is better, though, so that's probably what you'll want to read first.
NakedWeasel

RE: Treasure trove of railgun information!

Post by NakedWeasel »

Great find and post. Bravo Zulu.
Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!
AlmightyTallest

Post by AlmightyTallest »

Interesting read, thanks!!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thank you! That info is going to be very useful.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Showtime 100

I saw the chaos that happened in the last railgun thread, haha — this isn't meant to be anything like that one!

I just wanted to point out, because there was a mention of "sharks with laser beams" in the last railgun thread, that while there are no sharks in the database, there ARE orcas, and using the scenario editor and its ability to add weapons to platforms, it is possible to have orca with a laser beam mounted to its head!

In fact, here's the proof!

(I'm not sure if I should be more worried by the fact that the game lets you mount lasers on orcas or that it was really easy to find an image of an orca with a laser.)

Attachments
Submarine_355_laser.jpg
Submarine_355_laser.jpg (116.41 KiB) Viewed 64 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”