Extended Map Install Question

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jimh009

Extended Map Install Question

Post by jimh009 »

Having finally gotten AE working on my Mac, I went and downloaded/installed the DaBabes Scenario (Ironman 3 - Scen 30) and the Extended Map (with Stacking Limits) info for it.

The Scenario installed just fine.

However, I'm worried I might have screwed up the art install of it, as it has been a while since I installed the extended map. So...hoping someone can double check what I've done as the instructions on the DaBabe site are, well...a bit confusing.

Everything does seem to be working, however....what I did isn't exactly what the instructions said to do. So I'm worried things might start to fall apart once I get well into the war or something.

So here's what I did. Is everything correct?

1. Copied the original map data files (pwhexe.dat, pwzlink.dat and pwxone.dat) to a backup folder. I also copied the following art files to a backup folder (WPEH000.bmp, WPEH001.bmp, WPEH009.bmp, WPEH015.bmp, WPEH024.bmp AND WPEN000.bmp, WPEN001.bmp, WPEN009.bmp, WPEN015.bmp and WPEN024.bmp

2. I installed new pwhexe.dat, pwzlink.dat and pwxone.dat from the following folder I downloaded from the Babes Site:

Babes_Extended Map Data With SL 05_12_14

3. Next, I installed new WPEH000.bmp, WPEH001.bmp, WPEH009.bmp, WPEH015.bmp and WPEH024.bmp files from the following folder I downloaded from the Babes Site:

Babes_Extended Map Art Hexes 05_12_14

4. What has me worried is this...I was unable to find any replacement files for the WPEN000.bmp, WPEN01.bmp, WPEN009.bmp, WPEN015.bmp and WPEN024.bmp files on the DaBabes site. As such, I'm still using the stock versions of the five "WPEN" files which I previously made a backup copy of.

Are these "WPEN" files not needed any longer? Or do they need to be downloaded from someplace special? Or did I simply miss on the DaBabes site where the download link is?

Anyways, I'm a bit lost/confused right now. So any help would be, well, helpful!

witpqs

RE: Extended Map Install Question

Post by witpqs »

IIRC, they replaced some of the map panels, but not all of them. They didn't bother posting the ones not changed because downloading them would be extra cost for nothing, and they belong to the game, et al (copyright-wise) anyway.

BTW I don't remember exactly which file name is which among the map files, but you can just view them in Windows to look at them and see what is what.

Return to “Tech Support”