Soviet Night Bombers

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

SCAR

Soviet Night Bombers

Post by SCAR »

I noticed the soviet U2VS night bombers (set to night bombing) are not doing anything.
I am in early 42, and these squadrons don't seem to ever participate in bombing runs,
or support units automatically.

Is the only way to use them to manual bomb with them? Do they not run auto missions on their own per air doctrine?

Finally, do the night bombers also help supply partisans?

Thanks.
SCAR
loki100

RE: Soviet Night Bombers

Post by loki100 »

you need to use the 'bomb unit' (or bomb airbase) routine, make sure the mission type is set to night and you either right click on the target (and the AI will make the selection of units to use) or shift-right click and you can.

I use them on quieter sectors as a means to cause attrition.

Yes level bombers and transports set to night missions are the core of supplying the partisan war - put them on the VVS bases and make sure that they are set to night mission.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”