Naval Overrun Interception

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

cfc20045

Naval Overrun Interception

Post by cfc20045 »

Sorry don't want to waste peoples time reporting the same bugs or bugs that have been fixed in the Beta versions but I'm getting the following errors running the latest official release i.e non-Beta version.

* Over-running minor country Naval units in port. For example the Axis advance into a Belgium port containing Naval units the game rolls for whether they are captured, destroyed or escape ok. Then when I try to move the escaped units to valid allied port, I have to go via the North Sea which has two German Naval planes as well as fighter, If the Axis are successful at intercepting the fleeing ships and combat takes place the game then advances back to the German movement phase and doesn't complete the rest of the escaping units rebase, so the Belgium naval remains in the port. This has occurred in the same game for Holland, Denmark and when I collapsed Vichy...

* I believe this has already been highlighted but I'm having numerous errors with convoys during the stay at sea/RTB phases. Anytime that I have ships in the same sea box section as the convoys i.e the zero box the convoys there lose their sentry status, they also become un-merged and i'm constantly have to re-merge them and put them back on sentry.

* I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I use HQ support during an attack and the result requires that I disorganise half the attackers, I can select the HQ to take part of the disorganisation results even though it would be disorganised anyway, is this ok?

* Finally again maybe a mis-underdtanding on my part but If the Axis reject Russian claims on Romania and therefore Russia and Romania go to war, should the Germans be allowed to align Bulgaria?

“My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack.”

~ Ferdinand Foch
Centuur

RE: Naval Overrun Interception

Post by Centuur »

On your first point: this is fixed. Please try the latest public beta.

On your second point: this is fixed. Please try the latest public beta.

On your third point: this is correct. You are allowed to disorganise the HQ as part of the half disorganised result even if it did use HQ support during this attack.

On your fourth point: that depends on the situation. Here is RAW:

Rumania denies the claim
If Rumania denies the USSR’s claim, the USSR must immediately
declare war on Rumania.
Germany can enforce a peace between Rumania and the USSR during
any peace step if:
• no hex of Rumania, outside of Bessarabia, is Soviet controlled;
and
• Germany and the USSR are not at war.

If Rumania and the USSR come to peace:
• Rumania again becomes a neutral minor country;
• the USSR keeps control of Bessarabia provided there is a Soviet
land unit anywhere in Bessarabia; and
• Germany can declare Rumania, Hungary and Bulgaria aligned
with Germany during any later Axis declaration of war steps.

If the USSR conquers Rumania:
• Germany can declare Hungary aligned with Germany during any
later Axis declaration of war step; and
• Bulgaria can never align with Germany but the USSR can
declare it aligned with the USSR during any later Allied
declaration of war step.

While Rumania and the USSR are at war:
• Germany can declare Hungary aligned with Germany during any
Axis declaration of war step; and
• Bulgaria can not align with either Germany or the USSR.

Peter
cfc20045

Post by cfc20045 »

Thanks for the info Peter. Sorry I should have picked up on the fact that Rumania and USSR had come to peace and therefore that is why Germany could align Bulgaria.
“My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack.”

~ Ferdinand Foch
Dogfax

Post by Dogfax »

Sorry to bring an older issue back to the front, but I am having point 1 happen to all the naval interceptions when a port is overrun. I am using the latest release patch (4.5?) but not any beta versions. As soon as I have intercepted about to ships the game try to initiate normal naval combat, then goes on to the next phase and then gets stuck in a phase loop that can never be ended.

This is in solitaire and seems to happed for all interceptions this way regardless of the powers involved
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

On your third point: this is correct. You are allowed to disorganise the HQ as part of the half disorganised result even if it did use HQ support during this attack.
Re-reading this I realize this quotation is not correct. You disorganize an HQ that provided HQ support "after Advancing after combat". You perform the disorganization of units during the facing step which comes after advancing after combat. "Facing: Turn all attacking units face-down after the combat"

In other words you cannot double dip on the half disorganize result with the HQ that provided HQ support.
Paul
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Re-reading this I realize this quotation is not correct. You disorganize an HQ that provided HQ support "after Advancing after combat". You perform the disorganization of units during the facing step which comes after advancing after combat. "Facing: Turn all attacking units face-down after the combat"

In other words you cannot double dip on the half disorganize result with the HQ that provided HQ support.

I don't understand this sentence. In the 2D10 table it states:

(e) - Half the remaining attacking units are not turned face-down (round up).

So if I've got 8 units surviving while attacking, among which an HQ which did provide HQ support, 4 of those units stay organised. So, in addition to the HQ, you only need to disorganise 3 of the other surviving units.

Or am I missing something here?

Now, technically speaking, there is a bug in MWIF, because the program should show the HQ already as disorganised during loss taking, so that you can't make the mistake of disorganising 4 other units. But thats a very minor thing...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It matters only if there's an odd number of units. The HQ is supposed to be flipped before the half-flip result is implemented. Assuming a half-flip with no attackers destroyed, here are some examples.

Example 1: 9 units attack without HQ support. 4 must flip. 5 remain organized.

Example 2: 9 units attack with HQ support. The HQ flips after advance after combat, then comes Facing in which 4 more must flip. 4 remain organized.

Example 3: 10 units attack with HQ support. The HQ flips after advance after combat, then comes Facing in which 4 more must flip. 5 remain organized.

Also any units that flip due to advancing are not considered for the half flip. For example 9 units attack a Swamp Hex with HQ support and 3 of them (not including the HQ) advance and flip. 5 remain organized when the Facing step comes, so 2 more flip. 3 of the 9 remain organized.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”