British Rockets

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

ulsterandy

British Rockets

Post by ulsterandy »

I see they have the British Rockets in the game but with cannons? they had Rockets in the battle they fired over 300 and helped save the Heavy Brig after its attack. They helped to stopped the French Hvy Cav from attacking the Hvys.
Tim1966

RE: British Rockets

Post by Tim1966 »

It was a memory limitation - it would take a lot of memory graphics wise to show them. Although the they played a part in the battle it's generally agree it was minor I believe so if we had spare memory I would tend to use for more French Guard units anyway.
Norbsoft artist
ulsterandy

Post by ulsterandy »

That is ok was not criticizing the game makers Thought it was something like a Mem prob. you can not get every thing in a game. Still it is a good game.
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Is this the only unit abstracted like this?
gunship24

Post by gunship24 »

Whinyates' troop were told to also keep some of their cannons. Wellington did not like the rockets but gave Whinyates some leeway. So only partly abstracted, and was much simpler to show the whole troop with cannons. The rocket section was so minor the game resources were better spent elsewhere unfortunately as Tim has mentioned and i'm sure you'll agree. However it would be cool to see rockets :).
Scourge of War: Waterloo QA Dev Team

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”