Diesel Sub Questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

miller7219

Diesel Sub Questions

Post by miller7219 »

I was designing a scenario and gave manual depth (deeper than periscope depth) and speed orders to a diesel sub along with a manually set course path. Upon testing the diesel sub follows the course path, runs out of battery, and just sits there at 0 knots. Since I set manual speed/depth I guess any AI may not function and hence the sub will not rise to periscope depth to charge batteries and/or run on diesel via snorkle. If I'm playing the side of this sub I can order it to rise to periscope depth manually, but if I play the other side the AI won't raise the sub to snorkle/re-charge batteries, so I end up with a dead sub. Is this by design or a bug? It seems general doctrine should automatically raise a sub when it's battery gets low to recharge assuming there's no threats detected within a certain distance around the sub. Maybe a ROE/Doctrine option to allow the AI to raise a sub low on battery to recharge then dive to original depth would be helpful. It would eliminate some micromanagement.

If there's an option already in game to accomplish what I describe please point me in the right direction.

Also, I noticed if I assign a diesel sub to a mission (say sea control), the sub will eventually rise to periscope depth when battery level gets low and then never dive again after...it always stays at periscope depth after rising to recharge. Is rising to periscope depth a "trigger" that is tripped by the AI when battery level gets below a certain point, thus interrupting normal mission tasking? Once that "trigger" is tripped and completed, can the AI be instructed to return to normal mission tasking (like dive to a more appropriate depth according to the mission or return to the original depth prior to the low battery "trigger")?

Rory Noonan

RE: Diesel Sub Questions

Post by Rory Noonan »

I had similar problems before upgrading to the latest build. What build are you using?
miller7219

RE: Diesel Sub Questions

Post by miller7219 »

1.08 RC 1 Build 678.10

I normally don't download betas, but I was interested to see the new weapon arc feature in this version.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”