Upgrade to CS 2D Graphics

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Cyrano

Upgrade to CS 2D Graphics

Post by Cyrano »

I've a creeping hunch that it's hiding SOMEWHERE out there, but I am uncertain where to look, so I'd be happy to be pointed to a thread that answers this, but:

What's the prognosis for an upgrade to the 2D graphics for the JTSCS? What I'm seeing for the Middle East game is nothing short of a godsend as I prefer chits and counters to the figures on any given day. Is it the intent to port these backwards?

Thanks for all the great work on a game that I had left forgotten on my HD and have come to love again.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Crossroads

RE: Upgrade to CS 2D Graphics

Post by Crossroads »

Yes, all these goodies are expected to be included in the next big JTCS UPDATE scheduled tentatively for the latter half of 2016. [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

ORIGINAL: Cyrano

As far along as games may ever go, there will always remain a part of me that thinks of PL and PB (in that order) as what games look, feel, and play like.

Thanks very much for these.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

Hear hear! In that order too!

Here's a little mock-up I did a while ago, I was sort of interested to see how this all would fit JTCS when the time comes. Not bad eh? And it was just a quick 30 mins or something I spent doing this:

fb.asp?m=3813727
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

My goodness...so very lovely...well, nothing to do but wait and cheer.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Can't wait to hit that stuff up, doing ME is a blast, I love the 2d mode, but it always sucked so bad in all the previous titles!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”