What would they have looked like?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pnzrgnral

What would they have looked like?

Post by pnzrgnral »

Here's a challenge, or thought exercise, for those of you who're good at bitmap/Photoshop stuff, and naval architecture and design: what would the other US battleships look like had they sustained extensive damage suffered by several BB's at Pearl Harbor? The California and West Virginia were complete rebuilds - emerging from the rebuilds looking almost like the South Dakota's - and the Nevada was a minor rebuild, with the Pennsylvania another minor rebuild. Let's assume that Nevada & Pennsylvania (and/or Oklahoma & Arizona)were salvageable wrecks like the West Virginia - what are your ideas how they would've been rebuilt? What about the three New Mexico's - had they sustained comparable battle damage, how would they have turned out? Going through Friedman's "US Battleships" for about the 20th time, I began wondering about the non-rebuilt BB's and how they would've looked like with 8x2 5/38's, blisters, single conning towers, etc. Has anyone ever attempted line drawings or even doodles of these ships in such configurations?
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
Major Shane

RE: What would they have looked like?

Post by Major Shane »

I don't know. Sorry no one posted. I was looking forward to the replies.
pnzrgnral

Post by pnzrgnral »

m_shane_perkins, thanks. With my curiosity on the subject, I thought there'd be a few here who've delved into this at some time. This forum has such a wealth of knowledge not just on the history, but the DETAIL of everything involved in the PTO. If I were any good at line drawings, I'd give it a shot - but it'd be sheer conjecture as I have no knowledge of naval shipbuilding.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

People submit their drawings on the forum here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/

Someone may already have done the "what if"

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
pnzrgnral

Post by pnzrgnral »

Bill, thanks for the link. I've looked through it, and there are some really decent files; unfortunately, no joy on finding the "what if" BB upgrades on the site.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”