Any good?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

bujler

Any good?

Post by bujler »

Pretty much as the title says, really,

I quite enjoyed Harpoon, and would like something similar.

chrisol

RE: Any good?

Post by chrisol »

Extraordinarily good, imho... and I've barely scratched the surface (I'm not from a military/naval background at all)

A spiritual successor to Harpoon with incredible detail to air, sea, and under-the-sea combat (land... not so much but they make no pretence to do so). A massive database (2 really) of post-WW2 assets and an interface that takes a little bit of work but is surprisingly user friendly when you are familiar with it.

Oh - and a sandbox/scenario creator that seems both flexible and easy.

And a large number of scenarios with it (about 120 or so I think, many created by users of various complexity, size, theatre and time period).

Best thing to do though would be to check out Baloogan's videos of the game (here) and read the New Player FAQs.

It's come a long way since release, and at release it was astounding.

So, err.... "yes"
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

(but no fancy 3-D graphics)
bujler

Post by bujler »

Balls. That means I'm going to have to buy it, then.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

What he said. I would definitely get it at this 50% off price while you can if you enjoyed Harpoon.
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

If you understood and accepted the GUI and the concept of Harpoon, you'll fit right in to the CMANO crowd.
Expect though,
1)you'll have a permanent smile etched onto your face.
2)you'll have to miss weddings, anniversaries, funerals, surgeries, work etc. because their isn't enough time for CMANO and lifes responsibilities.
3)you'll reference yourself as "Admiral bujler" to your family and friends (notice my screen name).
4)you'll dissect every naval engagement from WWII on up to present day and say, "what were they thinking?"
and finally,
5)you'll wonder why anything else held any priority in your life.

Have fun.
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

tmammela

Post by tmammela »

This is very good, still some bugs but is updated regularly and has already come long way from the 1.00. Get it!
daft

Post by daft »

How good? I held a fake strike briefing in the shower just prior to booting the game up for the first time today to play the Down Town scenario. Silly as hell, I know, but I thought it was a good way to lay out the plan for myself before getting into the game. Relevant in this case is that I'm 38 and life with my girlfriend and 10 yo son. They both think I'm crazy. And I am. About CMANO. :)
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

If you liked Harpoon even a little bit, you'll love this.
Community scenario creators are fantastic as well, so always something new to play around with if making your own scenario isn't your thing. 260some scenarios in the download pack as well as a scenario forum here with a bunch to test.
bujler

Post by bujler »

Bought (from Matrix, so £27.99), installed, played, confused, enjoyed.

Playing "Stand Up", quite enjoyable so far.
daft

Post by daft »

ORIGINAL: bujler

Bought (from Matrix, so £27.99), installed, played, confused, enjoyed.

Playing "Stand Up", quite enjoyable so far.

If you haven't seen them already, Baloogan has some great tutorials up on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/baloogan
Zaslon

Post by Zaslon »

Very useful. Thanks.

Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China
OnFire

Post by OnFire »

Any good?

VERY good!

CMANO is worth every cent, no other game so far has this much replay value for me.
charlee22009

Post by charlee22009 »

CMANO is more than a game, imho. It is some special software that has real application.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”