GxBO error. Game is unplayable.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

deathnoise

GxBO error. Game is unplayable.

Post by deathnoise »

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.12

16:48:08 11 june 2015

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DistantWorlds.Types.Component.get_Size()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Design.ReDefine()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Design.Clone()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.TakeOwnershipOfBuiltObject(BuiltObject builtObject, Empire newEmpire, Boolean setDesignAsObsolete, Boolean removeFromFleet)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.InvestigateAbandonedBuiltObject(Empire investigatingEmpire, BuiltObject abandonedBuiltObject)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.ScanForNewOwner(BuiltObject preferredDiscoverer)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
at DistantWorlds.Main.yFN4fJku3bIdxilf8QD(Object , DateTime , Int64 , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.REh2Evf4vJ(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

I've started new game, but still - I'm getting the same exact error and the game crashes back to desktop.
zakblood

RE: GxBO error. Game is unplayable.

Post by zakblood »

have you tried any of these?

tm.asp?m=3373770
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
deathnoise

Post by deathnoise »

This is not a out-of-memory crash. The game is barely utilizing around 1.3-1.5 GB. I've got 4 GB of total physical memory, of which around 1 GB is free to use. So - it has nothing to do with my problem.

I haven't got any problems prior to 1.9.5.12 version..
deathnoise

Post by deathnoise »

Also - there is another bug. There are many ships in the game that are being found and recovered during the course of the game by the explorers - and they don't have the hyperdrive. They've clearly messed up something with the components handling routine.
DeadlyShoe

Post by DeadlyShoe »

are you using a mod of any kind?
deathnoise

Post by deathnoise »

Yes, I'm using mod with 256 (0-255) components defined in components.txt.

After reducing the number of components to 252 (0-251) - the problems with ships that don't have hyperdrive - still occur.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for me i'd un install the game, make sure the install folder is wiped / removed and then re install again and play without the mod for a while and see if you get any errors, if none, then it's the mod, if it does, then it's something else on the pc maybe, first, before thinking it's a bug etc try and re install all the bits that come with the game, or repair them, drx, net etc etc

good luck
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
DeadlyShoe

Post by DeadlyShoe »

After reducing the number of components to 252 (0-251) - the problems with ships that don't have hyperdrive - still occur.
A lot of stuff seems to be fixed into the save file, and changes to mods won't necessarily fix issues with them. Don't count on file changes to mean anything for an existing game. There could also be an error with the implementation of the research or components file, though more typically such errors cause crash on bootup.
deathnoise

Post by deathnoise »

ORIGINAL: DeadlyShoe
A lot of stuff seems to be fixed into the save file, and changes to mods won't necessarily fix issues with them. Don't count on file changes to mean anything for an existing game. There could also be an error with the implementation of the research or components file, though more typically such errors cause crash on bootup.

The good thing is, that after reducing the number of components down to 252 - the GxBO problem has went away, at least - for now (previously it occured in every game, within the one year of the in-game time)

Return to “Tech Support”