A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

In developing my mod I had come across the issue of trying to make the Borg cubes huge in size compared to the much smaller ships of the Federation. I had also tried to overcome this issue with size when working on a Star Wars mod where I had the Death Star a very small size and no way to make it huge. This was the main reason my Star Wars mod was never completed.

I searched the forum and did not see the solution I will list later on how to increase the size of Borg Cubes, bases, Star Destroyers, Death stars etc so in the meantime I will post a picture below showing the USS Vengeance up against a Borg Medium Sized Base. The Larger Borg base is 25% bigger than what is shown in the picture below and dwarfs the Federation frigate.

The Borg Cubes I have attached to the Base below are the same size as the individual Borg Cubes set as Carriers etc but I can make them much larger if needed.

This will allow me to setup some huge battles with several ships being required to take down a single Borg Cube.

I have resolved the issue where the Borg Cubes look thin and crushed.

Attachments
BorgWorld4.jpg
BorgWorld4.jpg (128.86 KiB) Viewed 89 times
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

A picture showing Federation Frigates massing against a single Borg cube.

I found that the topic of image scaling allowing this has been discussed before in the forum and will leave these pictures here for any one else who wants to see if large ships like this are possible.

Attachments
BorgCube.jpg
BorgCube.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 88 times
kbobbato

RE: A small Federation ship against a Large Borg Cube or Base

Post by kbobbato »

Looks great to have actual scale size...definately adds to the immersion..

Return to “Design and Modding”