Steam Summer Sale is coming this week!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Steam Summer Sale is coming this week!

Post by wings7 »

Get ready, save your coin and cash in! [:)] (or go broke!) [:(] Starts on the 11th!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Josh

RE: Steam Summer Sale is coming this week!

Post by Josh »

Uh oh... [;)]
jday305

Post by jday305 »

Damn!!! Now I will have to explain to the wife where these charges on our bank account are coming from and what they are for. [:D]
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Sadly I think I already got the good stuff. My steam purchases have been getting less and less on each one of these sales.

I think it's funny that out of the 150 games I've bought from them only 28 are still installed. Goes to show not every sale is a bargain.

Why is the expansion Shogun 2 Sword of the Samurai still $9.99 or thereabouts? I've been waiting on it for seems like years. It's funny how many other Total War games have fallen to the $4.99 price or on humble bundle.

EU:IV is another I'll be looking for to drop way down in price. I like CKII and EU:ROME the most.

Of course you all know Gamersgate has already been having a big sale?

Matrixgames/Slitherine should have a Christmas in July sale. [:'(]
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Sadly I think I already got the good stuff. My steam purchases have been getting less and less on each one of these sales.

I think it's funny that out of the 150 games I've bought from them only 28 are still installed. Goes to show not every sale is a bargain.

Why is the expansion Shogun 2 Sword of the Samurai still $9.99 or thereabouts? I've been waiting on it for seems like years. It's funny how many other Total War games have fallen to the $4.99 price or on humble bundle.

EU:IV is another I'll be looking for to drop way down in price. I like CKII and EU:ROME the most.

Of course you all know Gamersgate has already been having a big sale?

Matrixgames/Slitherine should have a Christmas in July sale. [:'(]

It's like all the Assassin's Creed titles go on sale except the very first one.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Is it safe to assume with the much greater involvement of Matrix with Steam, that they will run their own sale concurrent with the Steam summer sale, just like the winter one?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: map66

Is it safe to assume with the much greater involvement of Matrix with Steam, that they will run their own sale concurrent with the Steam summer sale, just like the winter one?

Matrixgames/Slitherine have never done anything exactly like the other sites do. [:D]
Hence the pricing threads all the time.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: map66

It certainly looks that way, it would be a win-win! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

I have more games on my Steam account than I know what to do with...but I'm sure I'll find something in there that I want. It's always a good chance to pick up DLC for Paradox games and the like. Then there are always those bundles with like 30+ games for $15-20 and I can't help myself but pick one up every now and then.
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Image[/img]
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I have exactly one Steam game.*

They have no wargames and no puzzles.

So, no interest for me

* Arma3

Vasquez

Post by Vasquez »

Jesus. And I thought I own a lot games on steam (151). But thats nothing compared to your 1.068 Patrick [X(][:D]
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

So, no interest for me

* Arma3

Yeah, Steam is a bit limited on war games (though that is changing.) But it lacks puzzle games? A quick search of Steam with games from the puzzle genre showed over 650. I think I must have close to a 100 alone from one charity bundle or other. :)

I mean, in all honesty, Steam is the driving force behind so many of the great indie puzzle games that came out over the last several years.

I feel dirty for defending Steam, but sometime you gotta... :)
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Steam summer sale starts early it would seem. Look what I found.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/

Been waiting a long time for this deal. [&o]
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

They did that to coincide with the new expansion that was released.
I am all caught up now except for El Dorado now and the new one.

El Dorado is 25% off but I don't think I want to pull the trigger yet.
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

So, no interest for me

* Arma3

Ironically, I am looking to get into puzzle games myself, and Steam appears to have some good ones (and that's about all Steam has that interests me currently lol). Any recommendations? I am currently looking at Infinifactory and SpaceChem.

Cheers!
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

I'd heartily recommend both Tidalis (from the guy who wrote AI War and The Last Federation, oddly enough) and Escape Goat 1 & 2.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

Paradox have stumbled on the perfect model for making money out of strategy games and every wargame dev should be staring at it hard. Don't spend 5-10 years making the 'perfect' game (that turns out to be anything but because your code base is now a decade old and behind best practice). Make a game in two years, and then just provide a steady stream of updates and content for it with discounts for age that let people pay what they want.

Lordz got it right with Panzer Corps and their follow up games, I find it really sad that the guys behind Flashpoint Campaigns and CMANO haven't done the same thing.

PS. If you want to do some research, go to steamcharts.com and look up the monthly player ratings for Panzer Corps and then Order of Battle: Pacific. Customer loyalty is a thing. Now look at the player ratings for CMANO. Do some napkin maths and see which dev is making money.
fsp1978

Post by fsp1978 »

I have no problem paying full price for titles like WITW or WITE, especially as DLCs only provide this much content in a grand strategy game.

I felt the initial prices for Panzer Corps and OOB were fair (OOB could have been €5 less, but oh well) and happily paid for all the DLCs and expansion packs that followed with PC, as those provided a great amount of additional gaming time. It was a fair model.

The same goes for Paradox. Think of their games what you want, I was not sure about CK2, the game everyone was raving about so much, so I waited until it was like €7 oder €9. Bought it. Enjoyed it a lot. Bought several expansion packs for €30 total.

Combat Mission is a game I love as well. But I don't agree with paying full price for every small installment when I had CM: Barbarossa to Berlin, still my favourit, covering the entire Eastern Front. It was the last one I have bought.

Which one is CMANO? Afghanistan?
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

So, no interest for me

* Arma3

Ironically, I am looking to get into puzzle games myself, and Steam appears to have some good ones (and that's about all Steam has that interests me currently lol). Any recommendations? I am currently looking at Infinifactory and SpaceChem.

Cheers!

SpaceChem is great, if extremely hard (in a good way.) The designers next game Ironclad Tactics looks very solid as well from a quick play--- it's in my back log. English Country Tunes is another one that has grabbed me, and I'll second that recommendation for Tidalis--- it's great.

In general, keep an eye on the Indie Gala and Bundle Stars pages--- they very frequently have bundles with puzzle games in so you can build up a big library quickly for pennies.

Return to “General Discussion”