Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

ringor

Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders

Post by ringor »

One of my planets (garrisoned troops, fortified bunker, medium space port) somehow gets infected [;)] by a hidden pirate base. Oooookay. I discover the hidden base as "0% complete" and attack it with my garrisoned troops (supported by local militia).

But.

The pirate raiders get the 100% bonus for defensive planetery facilities instead of my garrisoned troops.
Did they kick my troops out of their bunkers without them realising it? [X(]

If I remember correctly, a stationed troop general also counted for the pirates instead of the local troops the last time I attacked a hidden base (I didn't keep that save file though - this time I'm better prepared [;)]).
catweasel

RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders

Post by catweasel »

Remindes me of another annoying bug: If you drop troops while an attack is in progress, they will join the wrong side. Just had this recently with the latest patch. No save game as well.
HerpInYourDerp

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

The bug is probably due to the game not checking or tagging objects' ownership properly and crudely lumping everything involved with ground combat based solely on attacking/defending.
catweasel

Post by catweasel »

Did some more ground combat and noticed units being build while a combat is lost (and the colony in result), still appear "ghost like" in my unit list, based at the lost colony. Seems some flaws are there in general.
Kastor6767

Post by Kastor6767 »

Remindes me of another annoying bug: If you drop troops while an attack is in progress, they will join the wrong side. Just had this recently with the latest patch. No save game as well.
Yes, I registered on this forum just to post this bug, but it's already on the first page, lol. Patch is latest, .12.
Me:
playing pirate (faction name is "Ketagor Group"); planet with my pirate base(first one, not fortress and not network) is being raided by competitors; I fend off their ships, then unload my troops to help defeat the invasion and... my freshly unloaded troops are helping attackers.

Forum doesn't allow me to post screenshot in a normal way, so here it is
h t t p colon slash slash i dot imgur dot com slash tureF9i dot png
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

The image from the post above:

Return to “Tech Support”