Is the written courier message system working?

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

GBS

Is the written courier message system working?

Post by GBS »

One of my favorite parts of the game because I can send all the orders in one courier. Playing in Custom with courier to Brigade and above. When I open the courier message it appears with the addressee and date/time already correct. I click on them any way I then go to the Order Tab and to compose the message. Nothing happens. No text appears in the message. When I click "move to...." the orders map does not open like it says in the manual. I thought this was working pretty well in SOWG. Why change it? or is it broken? If so PLEASE fix!

Greg
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
con20or

RE: Is the written courier message system working?

Post by con20or »

It should, i tested it there. Try double clicking. If it is freetext dont forget tohit return to move the text into the message body before sending.

The orders map had to be removed, it was causing problems with the new UI but we hope to look at it again. The movement map is still available from the in-game 'n' key, and those orders go by courier. You can also still give movement orders to a specific location from the courier menu, i.e. Hougoumont.
GBS

Post by GBS »

If I understand you, the orders map has been removed. I dont see any other movement options like the many choices in SOWG, just "Move to....". How do you put where the receiver is to go into the message.
By "return" do you mean the Enter key?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
con20or

Post by con20or »

The menu is almost identical to SOWGB and is how we played before the map was added. Click on 'move to' then in the options that pop up choose 'this location', then specify the location, formation and use roads, etc.

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”