Basic turn "do this first, do this next"

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

bdoubled

Basic turn "do this first, do this next"

Post by bdoubled »

What is the basic sequence of activities in BAB for a human player? I'd like to help my learning curve by understanding the order of things I should be considering/doing in a typical turn. The user manual is very well-written and helpful with detailed information, but seems to lack a "do this first, do this next" section.
Bill
Talon_XBMCX

RE: Basic turn "do this first, do this next"

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

You may want to check out the stream Erik did of the tutorial. I found it quite helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJI9L2y ... e=youtu.be
bdoubled

Post by bdoubled »

Thanks, panman. I have watched a bit of it, and will watch more. What I would like is a readable layout of the basic gameplay, like a flowchart.
Bill
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for me the basic first learning battle with the questions marks should teach the very basics, but also agree that a better one is also maybe needed as i moan about other games being to hard also so can see it from both sides now, what one finds easy or easier not everyone will, this is the challenge for all developers, to cover all abilities with guides that teach the basics to all levels...

a challenge indeed[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

1. Move units of same brigade/division and then its commander.
2. Change facing if desired then change formation
3. Repeat with rest of brigades/divisions
4. Move corps commanders so their range covers their subordinate commanders
5. Do same with army commanders.
6. Issue brigade orders, then corps orders, then army orders.
Jim Cobb
bdoubled

Post by bdoubled »

Thanks Bismarck - that's really helpful and just what I was looking for!
Bill

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”