How to conduct successful offensive operations.

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

wg335910

How to conduct successful offensive operations.

Post by wg335910 »

The scenario that I am referring to is Courland Pocket 44. I take the soviet side and I leave the German side to the AI. My question is a simple one. In my attempt at to break the German front line, I am rarely successful at opening the line so that my more mobile forces can pass through. In my initial assault, I usually make the German retreat. However, I find it very difficult to advance through the battle line. Most times my attacking units do not have enough movement points to move into the next hex, where they remain an impediment to my mobile forces. What am I doing wrong? I read the manual and it never seems to spell out directly what needs to be done. Or at least I am missing the point. I would like someone to explain to me in terms such as, "first you need to this then you need to that, and finally if you do it correctly, you can do this." I quess what I am asking is what is the correct syntax for a high probabilty of success in offensive operations. Thank You.
s2tanker

RE: How to conduct successful offensive operations.

Post by s2tanker »

Echelon attackers? Have two rows of attacking infantry. Use the first to push back across 3 hexes in width. Then do the same with the second echelon. Then try to break through with the mobile formations.
Know the enemy and yourself...

Return to “Tech Support”