[1.08RC2] Show Range Symbol setting request

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kaburke61

[1.08RC2] Show Range Symbol setting request

Post by kaburke61 »

Hi Again,

Just a small request/question. Is it possible to remember the setting for "Show Range Symbols For" or
maybe not default it to "All Units"? The screen is quite busy with all those rings, so I'm always
changing it in the beginning. It's a small thing obviously, but at least for me, it would be useful
if remembered, or maybe defaulted to "Selected Units".

Thanks,

Kevin
thewood1

RE: [1.08RC2] Show Range Symbol setting request

Post by thewood1 »

I wholeheartedly endorse this request...
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

It would be cool to have a 'suppression' hot key for certain display items. This would only be in effect while the key combo was being pressed (so not a toggle) to get a momentary, clear view of the screen. Things like range circles, sonobuoys and the like could be linked to this.

Alternatively you could use a similar approach to ADD display items like range circles, sonobuoys and the like by hitting this hot key. So the normal screen would be quite clear but features like range circles would only show up while the hotkey was being pressed.
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

Some sort of "declutter" function, yes. But that would require some thought. For me, I want ambiguity ranges gone while in declutter mode and ambiguous units dimmed instead; maybe dimmed proportionally to ambiguity area; also I want sonoboys gone. This could probably be made configurable, i.e. have Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D or some weird hotkey, and while the hotkey is pressed, there would be a configurable list of items displayed, and items on the list will be either added or removed.

So what we are asking for, maybe like two sets of map setups (like currently is, sonoboys display/no/dimmed; range circles yes/no) and normally have the first setup in effect, but switch to second setup on hotkey while the hotkey is pressed.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Added request to our list Kevin. Thanks!

Mike
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

You can already configure sonobuoy visibility [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

You can already configure sonobuoy visibility [8D]

True, but it takes a few clicks to turn them on/off. For intensive ASW actions it would be nice to be able to hit a hot key rather than mouse around. Just a minor thing, but worth mentioning.
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

emsoy,

That's true I can configure any specific aspect mentioned (expect maybe ambiguity). What I ask for is an ability to configure multiple aspects of the map setup, all at the same time, and with a single keypress.
p1t1o

Post by p1t1o »

I'd like a row of checkboxes, maybe just under the menu bar, or maybe in a toggleable window (like the message log) that are just straight up on/off options for the various things on that list like sonobuoys, range rings etc, and also add one for ES Areas-of-Uncertainty. (leaving the options like "all units", "selected only" or "ghosted" in the drop-down menu where they are now.

PS: also I'd like "ghosted" sonobuoys to be smaller and less bright...)
kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Added request to our list Kevin. Thanks!

Mike

Just a friendly "bump" on this one. It's hardly a show-stopper, but would be nice to not have to always select when running Command, as the default setting makes the screen real busy (default maybe "selected units"?).

Thanks,

Kevin

Return to “Tech Support”