Pre-purchase Questions

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

VegasOZ

Pre-purchase Questions

Post by VegasOZ »

My machine (i3, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000) runs SOW: Gettysburg just fine. Will SOW: Waterloo likely/probably run on my machine as well? Are the system demands of SOW: Waterloo significantly greater than SOW: Gettysburg?

Is SOW: Waterloo the same game as SOW: Gettysburg but with different uniforms and map? Is there any NEW mechanics or features in SOW: Waterloo that are NOT in SOW: Gettysburg?

Will SOW: Waterloo be excluded from the traditional "Summer Sale" that I believe is coming up soon?

Thanks, respectfully.
con20or

RE: Pre-purchase Questions

Post by con20or »

Waterloo is a new game completely. The Ai has been reworked to represent Napolsonic tactics. There are occupiable buildings, a sandbox campaign and a complettely new order system.

If you can run GB you should be able to run Waterloo. Waterloo has even been optimised in places. Here are the system requirements.

Product Requirements :
MINIMUM
CPU: Dual Core 1.5 GHz CPU or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video: 256 MB Dedicated Video Card with DirectX 9.0c or higher. Video card should NOT be integrated on motherboard, but should be separate, no shared memory
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Free
DirectX Version: 9.0c (Included)
Resolution: Variable, 1024x768 minimum

VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Thanks for the information. I'm holding right now on buying it, seems to be about half of the impressions/responses are somewhat to pretty negative.
I'm holding off to see how the dust settles.
con20or

Post by con20or »

I think that is due to people getting used to SOW. It takes some time to master. If you look at our forums where people are long-time SOW players it is getting some great feedback.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/96-dis ... o-you-have
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/96-dis ... olley-fire
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/96-dis ... mpressions
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Pass.

Way to many problems for a new release.

Maybe after a patch or two I would consider a purchase.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

make your own mind up VegasOZ and watch the twitch feed live later today

tm.asp?m=3877796

kind of a see before you buy in real time and fire some questions at the developers while some tries not to loose all there troops and the battle
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: VegasOZ

Pass.

Way to many problems for a new release.

Maybe after a patch or two I would consider a purchase.

I haven't bought the game yet, but have not seen all the posts about problems. I feel the opposite. I have seen some differing opinions on a few points, but only a few real technical issues.
con20or

Post by con20or »

Thanks for that - yes not many problems so far, we are very pleased. There are a few conflicts with certain antivirus and a default resolution on load but that is about it.

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”