Critical Shipyard repairs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ny59giants

Critical Shipyard repairs

Post by ny59giants »

I know this doubles the amount of the shipyard repair that is devoted to repairing a ship. Has anybody actually seen it help a lot when repairing a ship??
[center]Image[/center]
modrow

RE: Critical Shipyard repairs

Post by modrow »

Just to provide an example: Allied CA, normal mode 76 days, critical 53. But I think a lot depends on what else is going on at that repair yard.

PM me if you need more details, but I don't claim to have understood completely what happens.

Hartwig
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Yes, it helps but only if the shipyard is not over capacity. Once you get over capacity then it slows to virtually little or no help at all. So, a shipyard like Sidney is not going to be a place to do critical repairs on a 28,000 ton BB.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Michael and I spoke about this on the phone this morning. I had Akagi hit by a Torp and brought her back to Kobe. No other ships in repair. I placed her at critical and the day total didn't change! Same as at normal. Had space in the shipyard just no help...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Michael and I spoke about this on the phone this morning. I had Akagi hit by a Torp and brought her back to Kobe. No other ships in repair. I placed her at critical and the day total didn't change! Same as at normal. Had space in the shipyard just no help...

I have seen the same thing.

Sometimes allocating additional effort yields dividends sometimes not.

No idea what formula lies behind the smoke and mirrors......its all magic to me!
Hans

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I'd lean more towards it being 'witchcraft!'

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
modrow

Post by modrow »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

No idea what formula lies behind the smoke and mirrors......its all magic to me!

I assume it depeds e.g. on available repair workers. Numbers and effect are broken down here:

tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=ship%2Crepair%2Cguide

Thanks to Alfred for providing this info.

Hartwig
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

If I an not mistaken, if there is only one ship in the repair yard, it uses all available shipyard points.
The only time critical repair would be useful is if you have more than one ship in the shipyard, then
it will use more to repair that ship.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

You did not look at the progress made towards actually removing a point of damage (POD). That information is now available on the screen but was not disclosed when the ship repair 101 guide was "published". It takes more effort, or to use the terminology of the guide, more of the IRP currency to remove a POD from a capital ship.

The effect of critical repairs is covered in sections 12 and 13 of the guide.

Alfred
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I had a CL with huge (>90%) flotation damage plus other damage in a smallish shipyard (40?) and it was not repairing even when it was the only ship present. MichaelM recommended putting it in Critical mode because there are some additional (non-specified!) things that happen with that. It did make repairs thereafter, of course at a very slow rate.

So there is more to using critical mode than meets the eye.

Also suggest, from turn to turn you can look at the % repairs toward reducing the next 'day' of the estimate. You should see that percentage change even when the 'days' remain the same, it's just that when the ship is really hosed it takes more than a day to knock off a 'day' of repair estimate.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

OK, it's official: ALfred types faster than I do! [:D]
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

OK, it's official: ALfred types faster than I do! [:D]

Nope, you beat me earlier today in Roger's thread.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”