COMMAND v1.08 RELEASE CANDIDATE THREAD (CURRENT: RC8 - B678.17 [FINAL?])

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ComDev

RE: COMMAND v1.08 RELEASE CANDIDATE THREAD

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: DrRansom

I have a request: can you insert something to allow me to put a diesel sub at periscope depth and not run the motors? I sometimes want the sub to sit there and provide quiet passive recon. Going to < 66m was a way of getting around that limitation.

Thanks for the update.

Fair request :) But the big question then is, at what point should it start re-charging?

We've been discussing expanded sub battery & recharge behaviour during the last few, and may end up adding a new doctrine setting to allow the players and scen designers to fully configure these things. But since this has to fit into an already complex model, it might take a little while before you see it in-game I'm afraid.

In any case, your request has been noted and added to the priority list.

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
DrRansom

Post by DrRansom »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Fair request :) But the big question then is, at what point should it start re-charging?

We've been discussing expanded sub battery & recharge behaviour during the last few, and may end up adding a new doctrine setting to allow the players and scen designers to fully configure these things. But since this has to fit into an already complex model, it might take a little while before you see it in-game I'm afraid.

In any case, your request has been noted and added to the priority list.

Thanks!

As far as I can see, there are two issues:

1) Player commanded request to not run the diesel motors. I don't see how this would require more advanced doctrine work / behavior modeling, though bypassing the current rules may be an issue.

2) AI controlled recharge. That's much harder and I don't quite have a good answer there. I guess maybe hostile contacts within X miles? But that's too uncertain.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

1) Understood, but you can bet there will be at least four dozen players who will register support tickets on 'sub dead in the water' unless there is a automatic failover [8D]

2) The is already logics in place for the 'distance to enemy unit' vs 'battery levels', etc. So have to give the player the option to select which 'plan' to use.

Noldofinwe

Post by Noldofinwe »

Holy, that's quite a list, thanks for all the support [&o]
Helderik

Post by Helderik »

Wow, great work, the game keeps getting better and better!

For some reason I cannot find
- 0009244: DB3k: Add Dutch Reaper MQ-9

They should IOC in 2016 if Im correct.'Hopefully, you can add it in the next update because I would like to use them in a scenario I'm working on! For now, I'll borrow them from the US...

Thank you,

Erik
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hi Erik,

You need to rebuild the scenario with the latest database for new stuff to show up. Remember to take a backup, and also save any custom mods as a 'Delta SBR' file.

Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

Thanks! You guys are awesome!
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

Played through a full scen with no issues. Here are some items that could help. My install is original, still from the beta etc, I just keep updating it. Not sure if that helps but when you do new versions etc, it helps to know that it works all the way back and nothing breaks.

Ethan

BTW [&o]
But By Grace Go I.......
Kynth

Post by Kynth »

Merlin ASaC.1/2 does not reflect what's happening in reality:

- No interim Merlins are being rolled out;
- No Merlin HM.2's will be dedicated "ASaC.1/2" aircraft;

Instead:

- Sea King ASaC.7 is retiring in 2018;
- From 2018 onwards, Crowsnest equipped Merlin HM.2's are to take over the Royal Navy Airborne Surveillance and Control (ASaC) role;
- Crowsnest is a Roll-on/Roll-Off kit for the Merlin HM.2 similar to the ASW workstations, rotary sonobuoy launchers and weapons (i.e. should be treated as a Loadout);
- 10 Crowsnest kits are being purchased, but all 30 Merlin HM.2's in the fleet are receiving modifications to allow them to receive the Ro-Ro kit;
- An updated version of the Searchwater radar used on the ASAC.7 is the Radar system being used, this fits to the Port weapon station on the HM.2 in the classic inflatable bag (aka "Baggie"). The workstations are palletised;
- The kit can be fit "rapidly" to a Merlin HM.2. Widely believed to be similar to the time taken to ready the ASW Roll-on/Roll-off kit and weapons on the Merlins.

http://www.janes.com/article/51627/thal ... ission-fit
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks Kynth, you are 100% right [8D]

Fitting the radar means the ASW gear is 'rolled off' but we cannot currently do that in the simulator with mounted (non-loadout) sensors. And since won't want the AI to accidently start using the radar-equipped helos for ASW work, we split the versions [X(]

AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

All the doubters and haters don't know what they're missing.
Steve
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

Helderik

Post by Helderik »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Hi Erik,

You need to rebuild the scenario with the latest database for new stuff to show up. Remember to take a backup, and also save any custom mods as a 'Delta SBR' file.

Hi Emsoy,

Thanks for the reply. I know, but I can also cannot find the MQ-9 in a new 'blank'scenario. What is the correct database number and can someone check if you can find Netherlands MQ-9?

- 0009244: DB3k: Add Dutch Reaper MQ-9

Thank you

Erik
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Oops, seems we added the aircraft... but it is a copy of the US version and we forgot to change operator country to Netherlands. So the 2018 version of the USAF MQ-9 is actually the Dutch version with Dutch weapons. Have fixed the country stuff and it will show up as Netherlands 2018 in the next version. You can use this version in your scen, no problem! [8D]

Thanks for pointing this one out!

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

DB3K_437: Shows MQ-9B Reaper UAV but I can't see a Dutch one. Not in 436 either.
Never mind see it has already been reported[:D]
Michael
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah the USAF 2018 version is the Dutch version, minor typo that will be fixed in the next db version [8D] Thanks!

magi

Post by magi »

wonderful.... thank you... i did notice you did not include gunner98s northern fury scenarios in the the update though......??
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: magi

wonderful.... thank you... i did notice you did not include gunner98s northern fury scenarios in the the update though......??

This is the game update thread. Do you mean the scenario pack?

Mike
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Hi Guys,

First, thank you for returning to the regular zipped compression tool, as opposed to 7zip. That is so much easier to use.

Second, I have a question about fire. Where did it go? I bomb things and expected the ensuing fire to destroy what was left of the structure, only to find that nothing was on fire. Have things changed? Do only certain weapons cause fire?

Thanks in advance.

Doug
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

If there's a problem can you please start a new thread in the Troubleshooting section and upload a savegame? Thanks! [8D]

gabravo2005

Post by gabravo2005 »

Just noticed something, not sure if intentional or not, but the A-12 Avenger II and the A/F-117X and F-117X cannot deploy the SDB's because they do not have JTID16's loaded.

Thanks for an awesome simulator!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”