Auto-Convoy system status?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

larryfulkerson

Auto-Convoy system status?

Post by larryfulkerson »

So um......hey you guys.....I'm still learning how to use the Auto-convoy system and I've heard conflicting stories about
whether or not it works right. Anybody know for sure? Anybody use it?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Trugrit

RE: Auto-Convoy system status?

Post by Trugrit »

It works, but you have to be careful, it will send ships into harms way.

I don't use it, I use CS. I think most players use CS.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I too use CS..It allows you to designate ONE ship to maintain ONE location, (or as many ships as you wish.)

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I too use CS..It allows you to designate ONE ship to maintain ONE location, (or as many ships as you wish.)

Also allows the pathing of waypoints both coming and going to route around threats.
Hans

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

(+1)x3
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Same as above, although must admit I've never used it since PacWar days.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

Sorry, but what is CS? Connecticut Sam?
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

Continuous Supply

I believe that reading the manual may help you.

6.2.11 ROUTINE CONVOYS AND COMPUTER-CONTROLLED TF’S

Task Forces with a Sub Patrol or Transport Mission can be placed on computer control.
A Transport Mission that has a destination set can be set to computer control. If this occurs the TF will load its specified materials and move to the Destination Hex selected. At that point it will automatically unload everything and then return to its home port to reload and begin the procedure again. In this manner, the TF will enter ’Continuous Supply’ mode and will continue to transport the specified materials until told to do otherwise by the player. TFs in a Continuous Supply mode will be set to Retirement Allowed, which cannot be changed. Continuous Supply Task Forces will transport whatever cargo is specified before the TF is set to Continuous Supply. If no specification is made, cargo will default to supply/fuel. Depending on destination and home port, the TF may load resources or oil for the return trip. The TF Information Screen will display this order as
CS: Base Name where it would normally display Computer Controlled.
In this way you can set up a convoy that will continue to repeat to a specific location.

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

Continuous Supply

Task Forces with a Sub Patrol or Transport Mission can be placed on computer control.
A Transport Mission that has a destination set can be set to computer control. If this occurs the TF will load its specified materials and move to the Destination Hex selected. At that point it will automatically unload everything and then return to its home port to reload and begin the procedure again. In this manner, the TF will enter ’Continuous Supply’ mode and will continue to transport the specified materials until told to do otherwise by the player. TFs in a Continuous Supply mode will be set to Retirement Allowed, which cannot be changed. Continuous Supply Task Forces will transport whatever cargo is specified before the TF is set to Continuous Supply. If no specification is made, cargo will default to supply/fuel. Depending on destination and home port, the TF may load resources or oil for the return trip. The TF Information Screen will display this order as
In this way you can set up a convoy that will continue to repeat to a specific location.

Ah, thanks. I did read that then forgot about it. My brain does not want to cooperate with me lately.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

(+1)x3

+2(5)....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

Continuous Supply

Ah, thanks. I did read that then forgot about it. My brain does not want to cooperate with me lately.

I know all about "Brain Cooperation". 7 months after my concussion my short term memory is beginning to work, Finally....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Does it work well for off map such as UK to Capetown?
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”