Shutting off Auto Subs

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

vicberg

Shutting off Auto Subs

Post by vicberg »

I accidentally had computer controlled subs set to Yes in my PBEM. Even though both of us are switching the subs to human control, the computer steps in and takes control when they hit port.

We are about one month game time into the game. How can we shut this off? It's getting to be a problem.
HansBolter

RE: Shutting off Auto Subs

Post by HansBolter »

You can't.

All those "choice" toggles are permanently set in PBEM games.

Only in solitaire games against the AI can those toggles be changed after the game starts.
Hans

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

If you ask Michael, he may be able to change it. He'd probably need to hear from both of you to be sure you are in agreement on the change.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

I am Vic's opponent.

I agree, please have Michael change it if he can.

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

I am Vic's opponent.

I agree, please have Michael change it if he can.

I believe one of the two of you will need to post your saved game in the tech forum with a flag to Michael's attention, an explanation and a request for him to correct it for you.
Hans

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

How about just changing the default to "off" so we don't have to remember to turn it off? Does anyone let the engine run their subs? On purpose? Anyway that should be like falling off a log for Michael. Even now (after patch) I think it's crazy to use stock on a campaign PBEM and not the beta. Here's another idea. How about the modders change the "Babes" to making "off" the default? I only use DBB-C. Wait, I just checked. Human control "on" is the default for DBB-C. Is there anyway they (vicberg and BillBrown) could convert to one of the mods after starting? I can't imagine they can without crashing the game.

Let this be a lesson to all players: Use one of the mods with the beta.

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

How about just changing the default to "off" so we don't have to remember to turn it off? Does anyone let the engine run their subs? On purpose? Anyway that should be like falling off a log for Michael. Even now (after patch) I think it's crazy to use stock on a campaign PBEM and not the beta. Here's another idea. How about the modders change the "Babes" to making "off" the default? I only use DBB-C. Wait, I just checked. Human control "on" is the default for DBB-C. Is there anyway they (vicberg and BillBrown) could convert to one of the mods after starting? I can't imagine they can without crashing the game.

Let this be a lesson to all players: Use one of the mods with the beta.

Well, this is a BTS game, so I think we are using a mod.

Plus, I do not think any mod can affect the options switches.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Pretty sure the toggles stay where you set them and don't revert to a default from one game start to the next.

I have started one game after another with the same toggle settings I set once upon a time becoming the default for all new games thereafter.

PBEM games are started by the Japanese player so he/she/it is responsible for having all the toggles set to whatever settings were agreed upon by both players.
Hans

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Pretty sure the toggles stay where you set them and don't revert to a default from one game start to the next.

I have started one game after another with the same toggle settings I set once upon a time becoming the default for all new games thereafter.

PBEM games are started by the Japanese player so he/she/it is responsible for having all the toggles set to whatever settings were agreed upon by both players.

I guess you are right, I must've done it myself.

Return to “Tech Support”