Questions

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dhucul2011

Questions

Post by dhucul2011 »

1. Does lend lease to China not work? I have requested a few planes from the USA and CW in the past several months and have Chinese pilots available but the planes have never shown up. I finally just retrained the pilots.
2. In the attached game, why can I not use the Krivoy Rog resources by Germany? I have also noticed that I can't seem to rail any units past Odessa. Maybe I am missing something stupid. (The issue existed before the USSR partisan appeared.
3. I previously had a German ENG in Kirkuk to repair the oil but it never happened. I finally gave up and moved him back to Germany. Is this not working?

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
David.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
paulderynck

RE: Questions

Post by paulderynck »

1. It doesn't work that way. First you request the foreign aircraft, and if granted, then that model of aircraft disappears from the donor's force pool and goes into your force pool, from which you must build it with your own BPs. Use CTRL-Q and select force pools for the various powers to see what planes have been given. When I do that with your saved game I don't see any planes in the Lend Lease pool that correspond to the ones China would get and which would make the Chinese version of the plane move form the lend lease pool to the Chinese force pool. The whole process is for sure not obvious and I recommend checking over the Players Manual. The later versions of the program have Players Manual Volume 1 now setup to be an all-inclusive hyperlinked document.

2. The railroad is cut going east by Russian ZoC. Hexes 51,56 and 52,55 are still controlled by Russia. When this kind of thing happens (and also for supply "wonderments"), use the buttons in the main form to hide all the units and to show all the control flags.

3. I'm fairly certain this is on the bug list, but I see you are using both the Synth Plant option and the Construction Engineer option. The rule is then: "If a printed oil resource is destroyed, you can repair it. This costs 4 build points and takes 2 turns. You can’t repair a destroyed oil resource unless an ENG is stacked in the hex on the turn you pay to repair it." Do you recall if you had an opportunity to spend the 4 BPs during a production phase when the engineer was there?
Paul
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

1. Lend-Lease Foreign Aircraft. Sometimes it is not Matrix WiF that is clunky, it is WiF itself.
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Thanks guys!

They should definitely make lend lease more intuitive. Even after reading the manual I couldn't get it right.

I am not sure if I saw repair factory option during production but I will try again. Hopefully soon I can align Turkey and get the ENG through there as the Axis have lost the MED now.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

For Lend Lease of air units, the unit must first be Requested (e.g., by China) and then Granted by the major power supplying the aircraft (e.g., the US). Only then does the air unit move from the Grantor's force pool to the Requester's force pool. The Lend Lease Air Units form will change the text under the two involved units to show which are in a Force Pool and which has been Lent.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”