Just some quick thoughts...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

KWG

Just some quick thoughts...

Post by KWG »

Unfortunately I've been away from WITW and most of my computer/internet activities since February. Still got my combat sim fix as part of my work involves making the oldest combat sim.

Glad to see the crew is improving WITW from players imput. I helped to beta test WITW and they are dedicated to creating a quality simulation.

Got v1.00.37 beta this weekend, getting back into WITW and in order to get in the groove here's some things I've been pondering.

Garrison penalties to Victory Points really hit the hardest.
Still have garrison requirements but no garrison penalty to Victory Points. Have other repercussions - damaged rail, higher movement cost due to ambush attacks or lessening of economic resources from that area. If having garrison penalties to VPs then HQs should count toward garrison even if just halfed. They would pull guard duty and have a local presence.

The East Front box, Units seem to get replacements easily. Seems like now only the smaller units get depleted. There is no more need to bring divisions west to rebuild them. Less historical feel.
Edit:
Feb.44 now my EF divions are lacking adequate replacements.

How do you find your units with the excess vehicles? That has a real life feel to it, the fact that certain units hoarding trucks while others doing without. So it would be great if the player could control vehicle distribution, the ability to send vehicles to a certain unit either from pool or from making other units static. Making a unit static just puts trucks in the pool. In my current game the 16SS only has 10% of its vehicles and no amount of refitting solves this.

An indication that ive loss equipment and in which hex, while moving.

More tool tips when hovering over data.

When I look at F11 "show battle sites" and click on battle site wish I could see the hover over info of the unit so I can track down battle units in same screen action. Hope that made sense.

Who is using fallschirmjäger support in armor units? Ive noticed it makes a difference.

Just some quick thoughts, now back to the front.
"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”