Looking for U.S. vs Iran scenario

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Stevechase

Looking for U.S. vs Iran scenario

Post by Stevechase »

Can anyone recommend a good modern scen featuring U.S. vs Iran.
jmarso

RE: Looking for U.S. vs Iran scenario

Post by jmarso »

I'm working on a set of US VS Iran scenarios, the first versions of which should be ready for playtesting within a week or so. However, they are what I call 'Fictional' scenarios, in that they are story driven and don't mirror real life too closely.

My scenarios take place in a fictional 2015, where US involvement in Iraq has gone on a lot longer under a different president. When we finally withdraw, it's at a time the Russians have entered into a secret alliance with Iran and supplied them with a plethora of advanced aircraft, missiles, AEW assets, and the components of a modern integrated air defense systems. Not only that, a group of Russian pilots basically form a modern day 'bad guy' version of the Flying Tigers, flying as volunteers for the IRAF. Things go rapidly downhill from there, as you can imagine, and portions of some of the scenarios are scripted pretty heavily for 'story' purposes. The story is Navy oriented and takes place mostly in the Strait of Hormuz and the Gulf of Aden / Arabian Sea area. It was an excuse to create some scenarios using the never-made F-14E Supertomcat, and it gets the USMC F-35B into action about a year earlier than real life as well.

Probably not what you are looking for if you are in the market for ultra-gritty realism, but these scenarios are coming. Look for a bunch of scenarios called 'Black Tiger' in a week or two.
Stevechase

Post by Stevechase »

Sounds good I will definitely check them out. Good luck.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Try Operation Brass Drum in the scenarios that shipped with the game.
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

Besides Brass Drum, you have (in the community pack) Resolution 1737 and Tanker Wars 2017 as modern US/Iran scenarios.
Stevechase

Post by Stevechase »

Yeah I've worn Brass Drum out.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”