extreme slow Game start and laggy UI

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

silentbob

extreme slow Game start and laggy UI

Post by silentbob »

Hi..

when I start the Game either form Launcher or .exe, it takes like 3-4 Minutes to get to the main Menu. The the Menu itself feels slow, the Menu-Frames "appear" as if they are loaded from a slow device. If I want to switch Theme, it again takes like 3-4 minutes to complete.
Game runs as Admin, Dx9 installed. HDD and CPU usage is low...
zakblood

RE: extreme slow Game start and laggy UI

Post by zakblood »

same advice as here tbh

tm.asp?m=3869951

and a report posted the same would help the staff with you're errors
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Siddham

Post by Siddham »

Just from my own experience...which may be relevant or not...
The game takes a relatively long time to load...which is normal AFAIK
Also it takes a relatively long time for a theme to be installed...normal also AFAIK
AFAIK = these things take a long time in my game.

mordachai

Post by mordachai »

I have a killer rig - and this game takes ages to start - and changing themes is equivalent to restarting.

I also avoid bugs by changing a theme - exiting the game and restarting it (with the now correct theme) before starting a game in a given theme. Less likelihood of a bug causing a corrupt game or crash if you try to swap data on the fly.
HerpInYourDerp

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

The only way to speed up starting the game is to run it off an SSD or Ramdisk. It'll still take a minute or so, though.
Switching themes takes a long time because it's basically purging all the current .txt files in memory and reloading the ones from the new theme's directory.
silentbob

Post by silentbob »

Hm Ok...thanks for all the Answers
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

I have a samsung 840 EVO and yes it still takes atleast 1 minute and 30 seconds maybe to get into the menu..

synpax

Post by synpax »

ORIGINAL: HerpInYourDerp

The only way to speed up starting the game is to run it off an SSD or Ramdisk. It'll still take a minute or so, though.
Switching themes takes a long time because it's basically purging all the current .txt files in memory and reloading the ones from the new theme's directory.

I run it off an SSD, and have 24gigs of RAM to boot. Still slow as hell, still takes 15 minutes to load a game and thirty to save.

I have an MSI Computer GT72 DOMINATOR PRO-210. Game still runs like it was 1993 shareware.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

It shouldn't take 30 minutes.. you have something running you shouldnt have running while playing...

It does take a long time but try running AS SSD and compare speed tests with others on websites

I turn off all my virus and whatever other ridiculous programs when I play and maybe thats why mine takes about 5-10 minutes to load/save..

I have a crappy Lenovo i7 quad core , 16 gig ram , and SSD ..

Return to “Tech Support”