End a game normally?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Ironclad

End a game normally?

Post by Ironclad »

That's what the on screen message tells you to do in conclusion when you click on a finished PBEM game to look at the details and then need to leave it. Problem is that the game button only shows one option resume (exit isn't listed) so you are left with clicking end turn or using (in my case) Windows Task Manager to end the program. End turn certainly gets you back to the multiplayer screen but it changes the 999 turn number back to the original turn sequence although the game is still shown as a finished one. So is End turn the correct button to press or what?
Yogi the Great

RE: End a game normally?

Post by Yogi the Great »

It seems that both sides end up needing to resign the game. I have also had it happen that someone may have to resign the game twice if the end turn caused it to go back showing it was his turn again even though a winner is already listed.

Once again game finished or not it would be nice if you could "resign" or finish a game no matter whose turn it is. Currently there is no way to close out a game and remove it from your active list if the other player just never responds or plays a turn.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
ericbabe

RE: End a game normally?

Post by ericbabe »

Yes, "End Turn" is the correct thing to press when you are looking at the game in its victory state. This allows the game to pass back to the other player so that he can have a chance to view the victory state as well. There is no mechanism on the server I know of that allows you to end the game while it's on another player's turn; such inactive games are removed after a period of time, but I think it's fairly long, like six months or something.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”