Private beta test ATG v2.21d : TOEs and auto-reinforcements

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

RE: Private beta test ATG v2.20m

Post by Tac2i »

I've played 2-3 dozens turns in my 2.20m test game. Have not noted any additional bugs as yet. I have found as my TO&E list gets long that I could have a two column list so I didn't have to scroll as much. Not a biggie however. Another idea is three buttons for selecting land, air or naval lists, with land the default.
ORIGINAL: Vic

Any more bugs found guys?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
lion_of_judah

RE: Private beta test ATG v2.20 Leo

Post by lion_of_judah »

Vic
there is one bug which has been hanging around for a long time, this is the surrender bug. This bug happens when you program regimes to awaken when war is declared against them and then they surrender after being defeated. The regime in question is still playable not put back to sleep. Thanks
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah
Vic
there is one bug which has been hanging around for a long time, this is the surrender bug. This bug happens when you program regimes to awaken when war is declared against them and then they surrender after being defeated. The regime in question is still playable not put back to sleep. Thanks
I don´t think this is a bug, rather it is a consquence of not knowing when a regime in actuallity is defeated. So unless you can flawlessly define when that is, I don´t think that there will be a patch with this "fix".
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

No bugs here.

If AI was able to use (default) formations in combat, SP games would be more challenging.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Having a blast with this new feature! [&o]

Question: I'm trying to create an HQ that will both, automatically draw just enough staff from the main HQ to reach 100% AND I want the HQ to accumulate all my industrial production, except staff, so that it can supply all its subordinate units with reinforcements. Is there a way to set this up? 

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. Just set the HQ with "return=no" set. Vic is a genius! [:)]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

TO&E Templates

This TO&E feature is the single best addition to ATG since its release in 2011. I'd rank armor models in the #2 position and Officers as #3. Cavalry and the Jeep unit were minor additions early on.

These are the basic templates I think most players would want to create in a standard random game. There is room, of course, for lots of specialization. I have created Garrison templates for manning behind the lines locations and Assault Infantry templates for powerful attacking units (think SS, NKVD, Guards, etc.) What is not shown here is the quantity of individual components (SFTs) in each template. I'm sure there will be some discussion around the best mix and quantity. Stacking penalties will put a limit on unit size.

Land Force
HQ (Corps or Army)
Infantry (rifle, MG, Mortar minimum)
Paratrooper
Cavalry
Engineer
Armor (tank, armored car, infantry)
Armored Recon (armored car + infantry)
Anti-tank (AT gun + infantry)
105 Arty (artillery)
155 Arty (heavy artillery)
Flak

Air Force
Fighter
DiveBomber
LevelBomber
StratBomber
CV Fighter
Torpedo
Transporter

Naval Force
Battle Sqdn (BB, CA, DD)
Carrier Sqdn (CV, CA, DD)
Sub Sqdn (SS)
DD Sqdn (DD)
CargoShip
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Webizen
I've played 2-3 dozens turns in my 2.20m test game. Have not noted any additional bugs as yet. I have found as my TO&E list gets long that I could have a two column list so I didn't have to scroll as much. Not a biggie however. Another idea is three buttons for selecting land, air or naval lists, with land the default.

The new editor could use this split in land, naval and air formations too. In fact, it could use a regime split too. At the moment making OOBs & TO&Es for 5 regimes seems a bit daunting.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'd definitely like to eventually see an air, land and sea tab in the TO&E designer.
ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

The new editor could use this split in land, naval and air formations too. In fact, it could use a regime split too. At the moment making OOBs & TO&Es for 5 regimes seems a bit daunting.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

I'd definitely like to eventually see an air, land and sea tab in the TO&E designer.

Me too!!
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
DeletedUser1674917658

Post by DeletedUser1674917658 »

Hi Folks,

just a little question from my side if it is allowed.

I only own this game on steam. The current steam version ist 2.20c. And today i've read here that there is a 2.20m(beta) with a very nice tool TO&E which enriches the game experience very much (as i could read in the thread). Will this feature (and version) will find its way to steam?

Many thanks in advance for your answer(s).
Best wishes,
Kettengeist
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

It is more probable than not that it will become part of a steam upgrade, once an official patch is out. Or in other words: I am sure it will happen.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Welcome to the forums! Generally, I'd recommend that anyone purchasing a Matrix/Slitherine game first purchase it directly from them and then redeem your free Steam key. That way you can, if you so choose, have a Steam and non-Steam version.
ORIGINAL: Kettengeist

Hi Folks,

just a little question from my side if it is allowed.

I only own this game on steam. The current steam version ist 2.20c. And today i've read here that there is a 2.20m(beta) with a very nice tool TO&E which enriches the game experience very much (as i could read in the thread). Will this feature (and version) will find its way to steam?

Many thanks in advance for your answer(s).
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

No really a bug, but suggestion about other topic.

Replace all default graphics folder with the new one (could be the realistic mod, new dawn, whatever). I know some people may liked it, but new customers probably will not.

Greets.
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Is there a limit to how many staff will be automatically drawn by an HQ with a TO&E? I currently have an HQ unit which is set with a TO&E, including staff. It is currently commanding a great horde of units and it doesn't seem to want to draw any more staff. It has about 200 staff but is still only at 60% or so staffed. It was drawing staff automatically to stay near 100% at first but now it seems to have stopped drawing them and I've had to manually transfer staff to it.
LJBurstyn

RE: Private beta test ATG v2.20g : TOEs and auto-reinforcements

Post by LJBurstyn »

When you set up a TOE do your factories automatically make up the required units when you make the unit (or is that how this works????)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SFTs (rifle, MG, tanks, etc) to filled up your templates flow through your HQs to your units.
ORIGINAL: LJBurstyn

When you set up a TOE do your factories automatically make up the required units when you make the unit (or is that how this works????)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You still have to produce them for them to flow, though...
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
E6Jarhead

Post by E6Jarhead »

Vic..Awesome!! Thanks for keeping ATG alive.

May I toss out a suggestion? Request? (I know you don't get any of these)

When designing the TOE is it possible to display somewhere on the screen the total optimal Power Points that are being designated within the TOE? Maybe even the Total Stack Points?

Also maybe a button that would allow you to Move the TOE Up or Down in the list so you can find them easier?

Just as a side note to all..I love to play with the ERM Mod. I have successfully merged the ERM MOD with NewDawn3 and have had no problems so far.

If I ever hit the Lottery, the wife already knows that $1 million is set aside for you to either implement yourself or hire the right person to work full time on modding for all! LOL
Th only reason some people are still alive is because it is illegal to kill them!
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Care to share the merged file with the rest of us?
ORIGINAL: E6Jarhead

Vic..Awesome!! Thanks for keeping ATG alive.

Just as a side note to all..I love to play with the ERM Mod. I have successfully merged the ERM MOD with NewDawn3 and have had no problems so far.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
E6Jarhead

Post by E6Jarhead »

I dont mind at all...only thing is Im a share virgin! LOL Im not even sure that I save the files the way they are supposed to be saved but Ill give it a try! Get the kids to bed and ill see what I can do.
Th only reason some people are still alive is because it is illegal to kill them!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”