[FIXED B710 + NO REPRO] Bug Report

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Gypsy661

[FIXED B710 + NO REPRO] Bug Report

Post by Gypsy661 »

Good Afternoon Developers

i just had the following bug while trying to lunch a chopper from a destroyer

thank in advance for your support and thanks for the fantastic simulator [:)]

Attachments
bug.zip
(364.93 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Gypsy661

RE: Bug Report

Post by Gypsy661 »

another one that i had just today

first i noticed that my battleships were moving on the ground , then white circles (or spots ) were on the map where my guns were targeting the enemy
then i had the following error
Attachments
bug 2.zip
(672.85 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

i dont know what's going on , here is another bug
Attachments
bug 3.zip
(555.89 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Do you have the latest 'autosave' from when it happened?
Michael
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Gypsy661

Good Afternoon Developers

i just had the following bug while trying to lunch a chopper from a destroyer

thank in advance for your support and thanks for the fantastic simulator [:)]

Thanks for the screenshot. Can you confirm what you clicked. In this case the ready aircraft dialog is open so you weren't launching but trying to arm correct? Did you select the loadout and get the popup error or did it occur after you clicked the ok button?

Thanks!

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

another one that i had just today

first i noticed that my battleships were moving on the ground , then white circles (or spots ) were on the map where my guns were targeting the enemy
then i had the following error

Sorry this happened but thanks for the report. I've added this to our list of things to look at.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks again. Logged and we'll take a look. As Michael mentioned if you can post an autosave it helps us track down the issue quicker.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for posting these issues. I've added them to our master lists and we'll definitely address in them.

In the future please do post bug reports in separate strings. This helps us track them and it gives our programmer a could opportunity to respond directly as they're easy to find.

Thanks!

Mike
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

hi guys and thanks for support

i would liek to report this one as well , i included the save file , sorry for not doing this the last time as i didnt know
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

sure

sorry i'm new to this :)
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

It's ok. You've been very helpful

Mike
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

guys ,i wanted to report some issues that i encountered as well

1-the Simulator takes about two seconds to respond to my orders , like clicking units and stuff like that changing course and stuff like that no matter how many variables are in the game

2-some times the units does not seems to obey orders like firing at some targets , though targets are valid , no weapon jams or visibility issue , courses and patrol/ exclusion zones areas are not adhered too as well

3- this could be the weirdest , that sometimes the units change plotted courses to some very distant places , i have noticed that this new cours has always to be heading south west , it happened in tow incidents , the first is in brothers vs brothers scenario where i sent an aircraft to patrol the borders between Colombia and Venezuelan and then the aircraft changed course to Antarctica ! , when i tried to edit the course it started to lag badly ( i didnot save as i thought it was my mistake )

the same happened with the canary cage scenario where i launched a refuelling sortie near to the canaries then i found the aircraft heading south east to Tanzania , Hornet squadron was sent to the canaries as well and instead it headed to the enemies Airefence network inside Morocco the same lag happened when i tried to edit

i have uploaded the second incident screenshots and the save file , hoping it will help

May i ask you gentlemen also about The SLA for the reported issues to be resolved ?

my pc details are as follows

Sony Vaio laptop E series

Windows 7 Home Preium 64 bit

Intel I5 core at 2.67GH with turbo boost up to 2.93GH

1 TB harddesk with 334 GB of free space (single drive)

8 GB DDR3 of ram installed

ATI Radeon HD 5650 , 1 GB Upgradable to 2 GB

Attachments
Desktop.zip
(4.29 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi,

Responses below:

guys ,i wanted to report some issues that i encountered as well

1-the Simulator takes about two seconds to respond to my orders , like clicking units and stuff like that changing course and stuff like that no matter how many variables are in the game

There are a number of reasons why the game could slow down but in this case it looks like you assigned a patrol mission and no navigate zone to the same area. So basically units aren't allowed to fly in the area they are supposed to patrol and the AI navigator is trying to work it out which it never will.
2-some times the units does not seems to obey orders like firing at some targets , though targets are valid , no weapon jams or visibility issue , courses and patrol/ exclusion zones areas are not adhered too as well

If you're manually plotting aircraft you've got to make sure they meet the parameters for weapons release. This includes altitude and speed but also making sure there isn't a layer of clouds between you and the target if it is a laser guided weapon. Please also make sure that if the weapon requires a radar lock the target is being illuminated by a radar (white arc). To check why an aircraft might not be firing just try manually firing and an explanation will appear in that dialog if there is an issue.
3- this could be the weirdest , that sometimes the units change plotted courses to some very distant places , i have noticed that this new cours has always to be heading south west , it happened in tow incidents , the first is in brothers vs brothers scenario where i sent an aircraft to patrol the borders between Colombia and Venezuelan and then the aircraft changed course to Antarctica ! , when i tried to edit the course it started to lag badly ( i didnot save as i thought it was my mistake )

the same happened with the canary cage scenario where i launched a refuelling sortie near to the canaries then i found the aircraft heading south east to Tanzania , Hornet squadron was sent to the canaries as well and instead it headed to the enemies Airefence network inside Morocco the same lag happened when i tried to edit

i have uploaded the second incident screenshots and the save file , hoping it will help

Your misunderstanding of what a no navigate zone is the likely contributor. The aircraft are likely navigating around these zones.

No navigate zones are to keep your units out of areas.
Exclusion zones help you define postures when sides other than friendly move into them.
Prosecution zones (set in mission editor) help set max ranges your patrolling units will chase a target.
May i ask you gentlemen also about The SLA for the reported issues to be resolved ?

We try and resolve crashes by the next release. Features get done when we get to them. There is nothing in your EULA that establishes a SLA at all.

Thanks!

Mike

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Savegames, savegames, savegames please? [:D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

In this case it appears you pressed a key to bring up a secondary window. Do you happen to remember which one?

Thanks.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

hi guys and thanks for support

i would liek to report this one as well , i included the save file , sorry for not doing this the last time as i didnt know

Hi,

Can you please describe what you attempted to do? (mouse click, key press etc.)

UI bugs are extremely hard to troubleshoot without knowing the context of what was happening and what you attempted to do.

Thanks.
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

maily it happens with a mouse click while i'm either trying to give orders to some units or opening the message log as i use it in a separate window

i had another crash right now , it happened at game start when i was trying to open the doctrine window for a pre-planned mission (using CTRL F hotkey )
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Gypsy661

Post by Gypsy661 »

the first error appeared while starting the game so there is no save
the second is attached with the screen shoots and the save
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

maily it happens with a mouse click while i'm either trying to give orders to some units or opening the message log as i use it in a separate window

i had another crash right now , it happened at game start when i was trying to open the doctrine window for a pre-planned mission (using CTRL F hotkey )

Thanks, this has been fixed in B710.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

the first error appeared while starting the game so there is no save
the second is attached with the screen shoots and the save

Unable to reproduce this in Build 710.

Return to “Tech Support”