COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR AND ITS FUTURE.

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

RE: COMMANDER THE GREAT WAR AND ITS FUTURE.

Post by kirk23 »

Thank you I am recovering.[:)]

1 : Russian PP has been increased in the western regions.

The Central Powers do have a very good reason for being more aggressive against Russia on the Eastern front. Since I changed the penalty Countries suffer for loosing any Capital Cities,for example Russia has four Capitals in the game at the present time, if the Central Powers capture WARSAW,PETROGRAD and MOSCOW Russia's national morale will drop to a point that Russia will surrender, if she lost these 3 Capitals.[;)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Thank you I am recovering.[:)]

1 : Russian PP has been increased in the western regions.

The Central Powers do have a very good reason for being more aggressive against Russia on the Eastern front. Since I changed the penalty Countries suffer for loosing any Capital Cities,for example Russia has four Capitals in the game at the present time, if the Central Powers capture WARSAW,PETROGRAD and MOSCOW Russia's national morale will drop to a point that Russia will surrender, if she lost these 3 Capitals.[;)]
In MP I'm finding that if CP is capturing between 18 to 20 Russian cities, including Warsaw and Tsaritsn (for good measure Russian dreadnaught fleet sunk), causes Russia to surrender.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Yip if Central Powers are aggressive towards Russia, Russia will surrender, if you take out Petrograd and Moscow these result in the biggest hit to National Morale.[;)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk

What do you think about putting names to the rivers and bodies of water on the map? (in really small letters)

Bob
DanielHerr

Post by DanielHerr »

That seems unnecessary.
danielherr.github.io
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: DanielHerr

That seems unnecessary.

I agree. Wasted resources if you ask me and of course someone did ask me. [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

That seems unnecessary.
Geographically I thought it would be interesting, for everybody that does not know, what everybody else must know, but then: Does everybody know it all?
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I always think that it is a nice touch to show the names of rivers; it certainly makes the map more interesting.
Richard
DanielHerr

Post by DanielHerr »

If you were going to name rivers, then you might as well label every other geographic formation, such as mountain ranges and deserts. That seems better suited to the hex information panel than on the map.
danielherr.github.io
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

That seems unnecessary.

I agree. Wasted resources if you ask me and of course someone did ask me. [:D]
I'm not saying: That every river and what-not be named, at least give the map a slightly more polished look, plus sometimes during a match I'd like to know what I am fighting over, at the glance of the eye. Perhaps an overlay "button/key" that would superimpose an information map over the standard game map? No big deal, Just a suggestion...[:)]
operating

Post by operating »

If you were going to name rivers, then you might as well label every other geographic formation, such as mountain ranges and deserts. That seems better suited to the hex information panel than on the map.
Question: Is there something wrong with learning about the historical significance of the map during the course of playing the game other than cities?
AdmiralSarek

Post by AdmiralSarek »

naming things is fine, though I would suggest that we are allowed to zoom in more than we can now, and only then the extra names show up.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: AdmiralSarek

naming things is fine, though I would suggest that we are allowed to zoom in more than we can now, and only then the extra names show up.

+1

Extra zoom would be great.
Richard

Return to “Commander - The Great War”