Steam Sale

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

histgamer

Steam Sale

Post by histgamer »

This steam sale seems to have been very successful for you guys. You've been in the top 4 all day on steam's top sellers based on what comes up on my browser, only, The Witcher 3, GTA V and CSGO are ahead of you, that's some amazing company to be included in in terms of top sellers. Add that to the fact DWU was in the top 10 for almost a solid week when it first came out on Steam seems to give some credence to DWU being a steam success story.

Congrats to you all, you've made a special product and its really nice to see it getting recognition. Or at least it seems to be, based on what limited info is available to the public.
Cauldyth

RE: Steam Sale

Post by Cauldyth »

Yeah, congrats guys!
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I wonder if the Matrix/Slitherine/BlueSnap/Plimus had any significant amount of sales from their website(s)?

At 43€99 (plus 2€50 shipping and a possible 8€80 tax), the price is low enough for me to get the Collector's Edition :
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/515 ... -.Universe
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Curiously, there doesn't seem to be that big of an effect so far as for people actually playing the game (maybe because the news haven't filtered out yet, and it isn't the week-end yet, or that everybody is scrambling to get the game while it's discounted but plan to play it later) :
http://steamspy.com/app/261470
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

[:)]
ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

everybody is scrambling to get the game while it's discounted but plan to play it later)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

That'd be my guess, we all know how infrequently it goes on sale. [:D]
BTJ

Post by BTJ »

Wow, since yesterday, it is actually on the front page of the top seller list! I really hope this is a success for Matrix and Elliot! Having high hopes for DW II... [:'(]
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Big congrats. Being on the Steam top sellers list means you are moving a lot of copies of your software.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

And I just added one more to the tally. I purchased a copy for myself :)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”