Solution: Campaign Event Stuck

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

Lukas

Solution: Campaign Event Stuck

Post by Lukas »

In patch 1.6.7 we've added some new historical events in the campaign. The Japanese campaign is missing 2 images for these however, which can cause an unclosable event popup.

To solve this problem, place these two images in the Japanese campaign folder (right click > save as ...):

Steam:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\Resources\Campaign\1Japan1941

or

Slitherine:
C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\Resources\Campaign\1Japan1941

panzer_slith

RE: Solution: Campaign Event Stuck

Post by panzer_slith »

I dont know how to do the image thing Where do you find it
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

ORIGINAL: panzer3

I dont know how to do the image thing Where do you find it

Right Click on each of the pictures in the original post. Use "Save Image as" or "Save link as".

Save them to a folder (downloads is usually the folder that is default, but it does not matter. You can even save them to Desktop if you wish. Just make sure you can find them after you save).

Then copy them both over to the ...\Resources\Campaign\1Japan1941 Folder.
The will be named: event_burma_invaded.png AND: event_doolittle_raid.png

Use the PATH for the game you have, either Matrix/Slitherine or Steam.

Steam:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\Resources\Campaign\1Japan1941

or

Slitherine:
C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - Pacific_Data\Resources\Campaign\1Japan1941
Potters

Post by Potters »

My left scroll capability went away after downloading the patch.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Check this:
fb.asp?m=3860641
styler62

Post by styler62 »

'Thanks',

'Lukas and Vegasoz' for the 'Campaign' fix and directions ....

Job Well Done ....

jagfour

Post by jagfour »

There's me thinking I found the fix, but I have the string up to Resources, but there is no campaign folder. Help!
jagfour

Post by jagfour »

Ok sorted. My Campaign folder is in SteamLibrary on another hard drive.
Potters

Post by Potters »

Managed to make do with the screen scroll problem, however, suffered the same FREEZE with the message about Batan. Read you techy stuff and am clueless about how to fix the problem. I saved the pictures but the remained of the message is jibberish. How about another patch that fixes your screw ups. Making people who pay money for these games work on Matrix's issues is lousy customer service.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Maybe I can help. Where is your game installed? In which folder?
Potters

Post by Potters »

Thanks for the response. I sent a help ticket in and received the same set of instructions. I cleared everything out and reinstalled the game from the disc and am playing without the upgraded patch. I will wait for the next patch which hopefully contains the solutions to both problems. The thing which was bothering me the most was the assumption that everyone playing is tech competent. Sadly, I admit I am not even remotely interested in how thing like computers, software, cars, toasters, et. al. work or in DYI projects. At my age(71) my interest is a good bourbon and blowing up my fictional AI enemy. Again, thanks for the offer.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Please try this automatic hotfix for the broken campaign events:

http://the-artistocrats.com/files/OoBP-campaign-fix.zip
rgb07460

Post by rgb07460 »

Sorry. This still does not work. Strike Two
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

You're going to have to provide more information then, because it's working for (almost) everyone else.

Where did you install the game to (folder path)? And can you confirm the images are NOT present in the 1Japan1941 campaign folder?
rgb07460

Post by rgb07460 »

Installed and reinstalled to:

and the pictures are there. Also tried the hot fix and removing the two pictures and physically placing into the same file. Still has a freeze. Thanks for your help.
Keith Thompson

Post by Keith Thompson »

A word of sympathy for potters, at 65 years of age, I too am totally incapable of following any but the simplest tech advice. However I must say I do think the support is generally of the highest quality, and (for me at least) never ignored. I founf Lucas hotfix for the Bataan problem worked fine. Though I had already deleted my saves, just restarted the campaign, and the problem had disappeared. Simply right clicked, and downloaded, took a couple of seconds. Do try again, is it possible the download was so quick, you didn't accept it? Good luck, keep up the good fight old chap[&o]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

might be a bad save, as if your half way through something then patch, then patch again, it may or may not get everything sorted, as clean start does seem to fix many things and tbh it's a game so your going to be playing it over and over again anyway, so one or 2 restart for me is no big deal...

then again it just could be something else altogether[;)]

so a logfile or save may help more, with a dxr report thrown in for good measure [X(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Potters

Post by Potters »

Hmmm. After several futile attempts to resolve the freeze I have managed the following: Ah ......... and then there was ...! With each attempt I added another finger of bourbon. Perhaps, therein lies the dilemma. Onward and upward. I shall shelve this game as a bad investment and go back to A World at War: a World Divided. Too bad this has not been the recipient of numerous expansions. (I couldn't get the "deluxe" update to work either.) After Axis & Allies(the Holy Grail)I feel it is one of the best war games ever produced. Anyway thanks for the help.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Too bad you're giving up on this game, but I see your frustration.
Check the forum once in a while and download the next patch when it is available.
Then do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Return to “Tech Support”