New map for WITE

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

Skeleton

RE: New map for WITE

Post by Skeleton »

Wow, that is brilliant and absolutely beautiful! Great work and it lends itself well to a much more "serious" feel. Thank you for your outstanding effort in making a great mod, even better!
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
brian.here@yahoo.com

Post by brian.here@yahoo.com »

I agree this looks fantastic! The "RainydayinRussia" tweak to Jison's work really brings home an excellent map for us all to enjoy! Thank you.

I was able to install Jison's map with no problem.

I extracted chemkid's map and placed in my WITE folder but no luck with it taking effect in the game. FYI - that is exactly what I did for Jison's map.

I don't see a "mods" folder. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would LOVE to get chemkid's map to work.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Von Manstein
impi07

Post by impi07 »

I agree this looks fantastic! The "RainydayinRussia" tweak to Jison's work really brings home an excellent map for us all to enjoy! Thank you.

I was able to install Jison's map with no problem.

I extracted chemkid's map and placed in my WITE folder but no luck with it taking effect in the game. FYI - that is exactly what I did for Jison's map.

I don't see a "mods" folder. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would LOVE to get chemkid's map to work.

Thank you in advance for your time!

I think you have a aRainyDayInRussia folder now in your WITE folder. There you will find a Dat folder. You have to move this into the Wite folder and overwrite the files.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

brian.here@yahoo.com

Post by brian.here@yahoo.com »

Robert, thank you! It worked like a charm. Man, the map is just beautiful. Great work! Hey, thanks for not poking fun at me for not know JSGME too!
Von Manstein
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

One question. How can I see the victory points with the mapmods. I don't find them and the "victory" point button doesn't work now.

IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

I can see! These mods are an absolute godsend, thanks a ton guys! I can finally read the map and overlays properly with my colorblind old eyes.

Anyone know if I can use the soft factors from jison's counters in WitW (the non-color coded ones with -, =, etc)? I edited the font to have the default bold print on them, and found settings I'm happy with.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

They are not immediately compatible as WitW has more counters (WitW works in WitE).  They are not difficult to mod if you have a bit of graphics knowledge.  All you need to do is add the additional symbols for Air & Amph HQs and the Allied Counters.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

Sounds good, I've actually went back to the default counters as I realized that you cannot see factors in stacks of counters. Was easier for me to read otherwise, but all in all I can manage well enough now. Of course, if I can change the colors of the soft factors on the default counters, that would be even better..
Cheers! :)
G Felzien

Post by G Felzien »

Chemkid brilliant add on to the MapMod. Thank you both.

It is my hope this work can one day be applied to WitW. That said, if someone is willing to teach me how to do it, I will gladly do the work although I suspect I will need some supervision.
tex_ka95

Post by tex_ka95 »

Jison, does the MapMod also make the changes to the WitE interface like I've seen on a lot of the posted screenshots, or or is that something separate?

The map is awesome BTW.

Thanks
melnibonian

Post by melnibonian »

Yes it does. I just installed it and my gaming experience is blown out of the water

I strongly recommend it together with the Rainy Day in Russia Addition
melnibonian

Post by melnibonian »

Hello guys

I would like to ask a question regarding the Mad Mod. My resolution is 2560 x 1440 and on the furthest zoom the overall map looks like this (see picture below)

Is there any way I can make it cover the whole screen? It is not really a game breaker but it is a little bit annoying

Thank you very much in advance
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

wow, amazing work [X(]
lee perry

Post by lee perry »

Am I the only one to have problems to download the link Chemkid posted on page 9 (rainydayinrussia).
I tried to DL it using different browsers, and even reinstalled Jdownloader but it stops at 77megs while downloading.
Sad for me because this desatured map is incredible.

uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Bayard, was the download really slow? I'm trying to download now and its just crawling, will take hours at this pace.
- Mark
lee perry

Post by lee perry »

Nope, I could download at my max speed (600ko/sec)but it stops at 70 megs.
Sometimes at 72 sometimes at 77 megs.
Using Jdownloader (this software allows to resume download that stopped for whatever reason) I managed to DL 210 megs but it was my personnal record [:D]
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Well, mine got about half way through, 150MB or so, and then just 'finished'

Maybe someone who has the zip downloaded can post it somewhere?
- Mark
lee perry

Post by lee perry »

If someone can share the mod I could mirror it to mediafire without any problem (and quickly).
But maybe Chemkid will re up his REALLY fine work.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”