Problems downloading game

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Arturo28

Problems downloading game

Post by Arturo28 »

Hello all,

I have just baught the game. And when I download the program DistantWorldsUniverse-SetupRelease-v1950.exe (40 Kb) file. I receive next message "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer system information to see whether you need an X86 or a X64 version of the program, and then contact the software pblisher".

Please, How do I fix that to download the file?

Thanks
Bingeling

RE: Problems downloading game

Post by Bingeling »

What kind of OS do you have? I have never seen this reported.

Server 2000? Windows 8?

You could try some compability mode in the properties of the shortcut. And if desperate and not stopped by principles, get a steam key and install there. Sticky post about it on the main forum.

And you got a 40 kb file? I always thought it downloaded the whole setup, not an installer. The file I got is just over 1GB.

Are you sure you used the matrix download link, or Steam if that is where you bought?
Arturo28

Post by Arturo28 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I have Windows 7 x64.

I have just bought the game on bluesnap platform, and I am using the currunt link provided to me.

The file DistantWorldsUniverse-SetupRelease-v1950.exe I download is really 40 Bis, not 40 KB. Its seems is not correct.

Arturo
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

then you have a faulty download, delete it and retry the download again as it will be a bigger size
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It sounds like a dodgy site to me.
Arturo28

Post by Arturo28 »

I have just tried but same result [:(]
KennyM

Post by KennyM »

Same error using both download managers, rubbish.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Where did you buy it?
Arturo28

Post by Arturo28 »

In this matrix game page
Using blusnap store.
Phc7006

Post by Phc7006 »

Same here. Worse, I now get a screen that tells me I am not allowed to download because I exceeded the allowed number number of downloads. That thing Blusnap isn't even able to make a file consistency / size check before banning a customer... come on

Now, considering the price Matrix/Slitherine sell their games, they could at the very least offer their customer a better download service. Why isn't simply possible to login to one's account and download installers. Limited time for download is a thing of the past. That way, they just ruin their credibility...

Wrote to support, we'll see if they can be of any help.

Bought the game on Slitherine. OS WIn 7 4bits
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

That must be a corrupted download. The file size should be around 1.01 GB not 40KB.
Please check if your Internet Security programs aren't interfering with the download.
If the issue persists and you need new download links just open a tech support ticket or contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

For those who have contacted us and opened a ticket, I will provide with new download links from Plimus and from an alternate ftp server.
Arturo28

Post by Arturo28 »

Hi,

Before downloading, my Mozilla programs is telling m the file is 40 bits size, and it get its as a 40 bits files.

It seems the file to download is really this size...

Arturo
Davohn

Post by Davohn »

I'm getting exactly the same issue, 40kb installer download, having bought the game on the Matrix site about an hour ago.

I've logged a ticket with the order details.

Thanks
Phc7006

Post by Phc7006 »

Thanks for replying

I couldn'try with different parameters for the firewall since Bluesnap now tells "this product is not available for download". On the other hand, that's not the first thing I download with these settings, so my feeling is that Bluesnap could be the source of this issue.

I posted a ticket

The link to the ftp and the alternate source will be much welcome
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Same issue. I registered the key so I can get it via Steam, but I would like my "normal" download as well. Opened a ticket for this too. I figured 40 bytes was a tad small :)
AbstractPlain

Post by AbstractPlain »

I'm having the same issue after I bought the game today. I'm only able to download 40kb and not the complete download regardless of what web browser I use. I sent a ticket but was sent the same Bluesnap link as before. So can't even download the game very frustrating.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

On the ticket, there was also a download link from an alternate site. Please check it.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Same issue for me. There is no alternate link in the email.
ORIGINAL: AbstractPlain

I'm having the same issue after I bought the game today. I'm only able to download 40kb and not the complete download regardless of what web browser I use. I sent a ticket but was sent the same Bluesnap link as before. So can't even download the game very frustrating.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

The download from the alternate site (the 1 gig zip file) seems to have worked, thanks. The original link and the same link sent in the email continues to result in a 40 byte file. First time ever I've had this issue with Matrix, so it's kind of odd.

Return to “Tech Support”