Aircraft auto Update

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Sorta

Aircraft auto Update

Post by Sorta »

Playing USSR in Sept '41 GC. I have over 1,500 modern fighters but an not seeing the old 'I' class upgrade automatically.

I remember discussion on this being fixed a while ago.

In previous games I ended up manually upgrading the planes. Should I do the same now?

Regards
loki100

RE: Aircraft auto Update

Post by loki100 »

I'm finding the auto update works much better than before. Its quickest in a designated path - La5--LA5N, Il2-Il2m etc but it will modernise any obsolete plane over time. Depends on how fast you want them swapped to Migs/LaGGs/Yak-1 and how many Admin pts you have spare.

Think it happens as your pools of more modern planes hit certain size.

You could leave them in reserve to build up morale and convert in time for the December offensive, up to then the auto converts should be plenty. Also the higher numbered I-series are actually not that much worse than the Migs.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Please state the game version your are playing.
Ensure your air units are set to auto upgrade
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Sorta

Post by Sorta »

1.08.03 and yes to auto.

I haven't been tracking the upgrades but for example I have 3/4 page of I-i53s.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I guess the load (use vs use+need) on newer models is higher, as you have huge numbers of these obsolete planes unused. But at least they get a bonus to change because they are old. In the end it will eventually sort out, you have to burn the old ones in the line. Keeping them in reserve will perhaps increase time to replace (even though there is bonus for being in reserve). For fast change you have the manual option.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

They'll probably get kicked-out faster in November/December once they reach their end date.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Be cool if the Sovs could use their obsolete planes in the human-guided-AT-smart-bomb role (aka kamikaze) I mean, those pilots were just going to die anyway, surprised Stalin didn't think of this.
- Mark

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”