Features that we have already seen and should continue.

3D version of Close Combat
SteveMcClaire

RE: Features that we have already seen and should continue.

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
Steve, can you explain this? the second version would be a patch by example? or are you speaking from other complete game as BFII?

New versions will likely be separate games, if that is what you are asking. Now add-ons to the first game.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

You continue being a bit confuse, just I´m asking if for add a new 3D model or replace the originals, we must wait to the first patch from the game or if it will be a new feature from a new game which we must pay again.

The other option can be a free DLC or at least cheaper.

Personally and we can see it around the world with other games, if we must wait to another new game for edit the models, the modding capabilities will be close to zero. Specially if you can bring on new players because the old CC gamers are very few.

Sorry by ask you too much.
TIK

Post by TIK »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

New versions will likely be separate games, if that is what you are asking. Now add-ons to the first game.

Steve

[:(] I'd prefer CC to go the way more popular series have gone and start introducing DLC and expansions for the games. Paradox do this well with their series, and if you look at Panzer Corps, the expansions to that game are better than the base game.

At the momemnt we have to purchase several CC games, each with various things added to them and taken away... the quality of each game varies and it has effectively split the community. You might have CC3, and I have CCPITF, but we can't play multiplayer together.

Now imagine if the Bloody First was a base game with DLC and expansions added onto it. Rather than have several "next gen" CC games, we'd have one game which was constantly being updated and improved. It would be easier to sell it to new players - "the base game is ok, but with all that DLC it's great!" - and players who bought the base game are more likely to buy the expansions so long as they offer improvements and new campaigns/maps etc.

Obviously, there's pro's and cons to anything, but for the first time in CC history we have a new engine, a new game and a new clean slate to try something new. And from a player point of view, I'm seeing a lot of advantages to having DLC and expansions for CC.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Obviously, there's pro's and cons to anything, but for the first time in CC history we have a new engine, a new game and a new clean slate to try something new. And from a player point of view, I'm seeing a lot of advantages to having DLC and expansions for CC.
With the Close Combat name, yes. But G.I Combat and Squad Assault, they were CC games with different name and new engine. But both with a very bad gameplay. I hope that it does not happen with Bloody First.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
You continue being a bit confuse, just I´m asking if for add a new 3D model or replace the originals, we must wait to the first patch from the game or if it will be a new feature from a new game which we must pay again.

I do not know the answer to this question yet. It depends on the solution we use, when it can be done, and how much the rest of the code needs to be changed to adapt to it.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Thanks by the answer. It is fair enough.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Steve, can you give us a percent from the finished stuff?
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

-more unique special soldiers battle equipment special grenades, smoke, items binoculars etc.

-soldiers taunting each other (especially indoor firefights) if extreme firefight or witnessed mass death.

-soldier utilize cover better, including outside building walls, tiny pieces of good cover outside or in buildings.

-soldiers break or loose weapons on concussion blasts

-more soldier actions to display in soldier monitor looking for weapon, searching dead enemy, on watch

-soldiers being able to fortify foxholes or buildings better with sandbags or material on ground via the right mouse action command fortify or something, the only downside is time taking soldier to build will be awhile.

-special abilities for engineers or pioneers like repair tires or damage to bridges, turrets, AT guns or it's tires, setup mines or booby traps etc

-special abilities for tanks and vehicles able to camouflage or sandbag, log protection certain areas of vehicle.

-soldiers being able to use crew weapons on enemy if they are close to open top vehicle like jeep or kubel (rifle or smg)

-mounted soldiers can fire from vehicle like half tracks, trucks or something else, maybe even be able to attach crew weapon to some.

-medics?

-collecting enemy info from surrendered soldiers, if they cross a command group? Surrendered commanders give more info? Maybe the info can be about troop or vehicle locations
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Will there be voice cues as in previous CC games? This may already be so in current CC games; can the volume of the enemy voice cues be adjusted based on distance? Sometimes the voice cues of the enemy seem their right next to my soldiers even though they're sometimes a 100 or so meters away.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Please consider the option to rename soldiers as was possible in earlier CC games. This ability will allow YT content creators such as TIK to personalize their games with names of followers, friends, etc. Plus, it will give the player the ability to follow themselves throughout the game.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Remembering a previous answer. I would like to know a complete list from vehicles and guns. Just the models. If I would see a screenshot, I would be happy for months.....
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There will be voice cues. They are played in 3D space and should give the player some indication of the direction and distance, though you probably need headphones/stereo speakers for full effect.

I don't recall any version of retail Close Combat that had the option to rename individual soldiers. That said, it's a good idea and one that wouldn't be too difficult to do. I will add it to the wish list.

And while I can't give a list of vehicles and guns that I can 100% guarantee will be in the game, here is the current working list:

USA
----------------
37mm AT gun
57mm AT gun
3 inch AT gun
105mm howitzer
1/4 ton jeep
3/4 ton weapons carrier
2 1/2 ton truck
M3 Stuart
M5 Stuart
M3 Lee
M3 75mm GMC
M10 Tank Destroyer
M2 Halftrack
M3 halftrack
T19 105mm GMC
T30 75mm GMC
M3A1 Scout Car
M4 Sherman
M4A1 Sherman
M8 Greyhound
M20 Armored Car

German
----------------
20mm Flak 38
37mm Pak 36
50cmm Pak 38
75mm Pak 40
75mm leIG
Kubelwagen
Opel Blitz
PSW 222
PSW 231 8-rad
SdKfz 250/1, 8, 10
SdKfz 251/1, 9, 10
Pz IIF
Pz IVF1
Pz IVF2
Pz VIG
JgPz IV
StuG IIIF
StuG IIIG
Panther A
Tiger I

Italy
------------
Italian truck
47mm At Gun
M14/41
Semovente 75/18

Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Maybe adding the British and/or Italian factions as a small paid DLC, so there is a more of a variety of factions to play as.

Or, completely adding them as free add-ons, but later, as an update.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”