All things Football (soccer) related

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Orm

RE: European Championships

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

End of the footie season[:(].... I hate the end of the footie season [:(]. No World Cup or European Cup as a time filler either....
Football is a stupid game anyway. [:(]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

End of the footie season[:(].... I hate the end of the footie season [:(]. No World Cup or European Cup as a time filler either....
Football is a stupid game anyway. [:(]
warspite1

Yep, I hate it too [:(]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
terje439

Post by terje439 »

well except in the transfer market of course [:D]

What, you have started to support LFC now as well? [:D]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: terje439

well except in the transfer market of course [:D]

What, you have started to support LFC now as well? [:D]
warspite1

I think Liverpool and Spurs are in the same position. We are firmly in that area 5th - 8th and could, if not careful, drop further down (although there seems to be a dearth of clubs to pick up the mantle - Aston Villa or Everton maybe - so that problem should be avoided).

But more importantly is that if we are to challenge in the top 4 there is a serious overhaul of dead wood players required - AND - proper players brought in. I don't know so much about Liverpool but Spurs should get rid of:

Fazio, Chiriches, Kaboul, Stambouli(?), Capoue, Paulinho, Adebayor, Soldado, Lamela(?), Chadli(?). Those with (?) may need another chance, those in bold just HAVE to go, never mind the cost just get rid.

That's a lot of re-building....

So will Rodgers stay or go?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Wow! [X(] At last!!

Looks like the FBI are getting tough with FIFA...... no doubt more - a lot more - to follow.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

So will Rodgers stay or go?

My guess is that he will get one more season to prove that he is the right man for the job, but if they do not win anything the coming season, he is most likely gone.
Imo LFC has done too many poor choices in the transfer marked the last decade, and need to start making better use of their cash. However it might be too late now, since the team they have left is not that good, nor is Liverpool the urban metropolis that London is...

And as to the razzias, Blatter will survive this too sadly, he is too good a politician I am afraid.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

As predicted, Blatter reelected [:@]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Do you get the feeling he knows where the skeletons are hidden? Only reason I can think of for re-election.

Orm

Post by Orm »

warspite1

Do you get the feeling he knows where the skeletons are hidden? Only reason I can think of for re-election.
He was once elected by bribing people. Did you really think that the people who have been bribed for more than a decade would do anything else than support him?

And do not forget the fact that during his leadership a lot of money have gone to their countries as well as their pockets.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
terje439

Post by terje439 »

He won Asia and Africa, not to be judgemental here, but I do believe Orm has hit the nail on the head. The word of the day is corruption.

Alot of talk here in Norway today about trying to get the european federation to drop out of FIFA for a few years, doubt that will happen. The one good news is that Coca Cola is not happy with things, and that McD as well is getting restless. IF they decide to play hardball, FIFA might have a problem as those are big bucks.

TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

[8|]

Attachments
godfather.jpg
godfather.jpg (28.22 KiB) Viewed 40 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Right Aston Villa, this is what winning the FA Cup looks like, got it? Remember this? - oh no you won't because its 1957 and that was the last time you won this most famous of trophies. You stuffed up your only appearance in the final since in 2000.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't stuff it up today

Attachments
4113729024..11632bc7.jpg
4113729024..11632bc7.jpg (106.71 KiB) Viewed 40 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

.... and on a more sombre note. As a kid I always wondered why the FA Cup was played in 1915.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32813514

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

10 mins to kick-off:

C'MON THE VILLA!!

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Well that was rubbish. Are Aston Villa even in this match? Who the hell is Charles N'Zogbia? There is a rumour he's supposed to be playing....

Arsenal should be at least 3-0 up at half time [:(]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

[:@] I hate football sooooo much....

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

If the rumours are true what on earth are Real Madrid playing at?? Rafa Benitez? Really? Wow.....

cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

If the rumours are true what on earth are Real Madrid playing at?? Rafa Benitez? Really? Wow.....
Yes, Benitez next year will be Madrid coach. He leave Napoli running, maybe Napoli people catch up with him with their pitchfork.[:D] Rafa is a good coach, but his problem is his tactic integralism; he never, never changed his style of plaiyng, all team on attack and f**k off the defense...maybe it work in Spain (but I doubt), maybe it work in Madrid (but again I doubt). In Italy, if you go only on attack, other team have heavy fun. Napoli took 54 gol [X(], like the last 8/9 teams of Serie A.
And you win only if you took less goals than the others, this is history. I think Napoli forget him very soon.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: cohimbra

Yes, Benitez next year will be Madrid coach. He leave Napoli running, maybe Napoli people catch up with him with their pitchfork.[:D] Rafa is a good coach, but his problem is his tactic integralism; he never, never changed his style of plaiyng, all team on attack and f**k off the defense...maybe it work in Spain (but I doubt), maybe it work in Madrid (but again I doubt). In Italy, if you go only on attack, other team have heavy fun. Napoli took 54 gol [X(], like the last 8/9 teams of Serie A.
And you win only if you took less goals than the others, this is history. I think Napoli forget him very soon.
warspite1

He clearly isn't completely clueless (he has actually won some stuff) but he has always failed at the big competitions (except of course that one, never to be repeated fluke that was the Champions League Final in 2005).

Look at what he did to Inter Milan. Jose Mourinho left the club as champions of Italy and Champions of Europe. Benitez destroyed the team within months - hell, even Spurs beat them in the Champions League!!!!

Napoli fans are taking to social media to complain he took them from 2nd to 5th....

My guess is that, unless Barcelona implode, it will end v. badly at Madrid... and within a year too.

Return to “General Discussion”