Check Victoy crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Viktor_Kormel_slith

Check Victoy crash

Post by Viktor_Kormel_slith »

Game crash after factory destruction phase. Simply go to next phase victory check phase. We can´t round this so our game is frozen!
Attachments
prebug.zip
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Sorry, for my bad english! "Wiffing" since 1990 to the tomb!
Centuur

RE: Check Victoy crash

Post by Centuur »

If I load this game, I can proceed normally (if I destroy the SYNTH or not, doesn't matter). It takes a little more time to calculate during the victory check phase as usual (but only about 30 seconds), but the game proceeds to the start of next turn phases correctly.

Now, I'm using a version which is higher then yours, so this might mean that this bug is already fixed. However, if it is still there when the next public beta becomes available, we would like to know about it.

I can't tell you when the next patch becomes available. Regression bugs... [:(]

By the way: change your signature. Your English is quite good...

Peter
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Centuur, After reading your post I ´ve reloaded the game and it worked but every saved file after this point is corrupted and it doesn´t work. I send one for example, could you check it?. Maybe it is just my trouble but maybe not. I play with a friend this long long game and we can´t continue! For me is not bad becouse my Axis is going to be destroyed but my game partner is very angry [;)]
Attachments
Landatacks.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Viktor_Kormel

Centuur, After reading your post I ´ve reloaded the game and it worked but every saved file after this point is corrupted and it doesn´t work. I send one for example, could you check it?. Maybe it is just my trouble but maybe not. I play with a friend this long long game and we can´t continue! For me is not bad becouse my Axis is going to be destroyed but my game partner is very angry [;)]
Your saved game fails to restore for me too.[:(]

I'll look into why that happens tomorrow [it's late here tonight].

[I'm running version 1.4.0.7]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Thanks Steve, We play with last beta 1.4.0.0. I can help you with more information, something happened in one of the end of turn phases I suspect in conquest phase or victory check but I can´t assure it.
Shannon V. OKeets

Thanks Steve, We play with last beta 1.4.0.0. I can help you with more information, something happened in one of the end of turn phases I suspect in conquest phase or victory check but I can´t assure it.
I'm still looking into this.

It has to do with Shipping hexes. These can be coastal hexes containing an oil resource. My current guess is that a synthetic oil plant was built/placed in a coastal hex that doesn't have a port. That would add to the number of 'Shipping' hexes; those are otherwise unchanged throughout the game.
Steve

Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I'm still looking into this.

It has to do with Shipping hexes. These can be coastal hexes containing an oil resource. My current guess is that a synthetic oil plant was built/placed in a coastal hex that doesn't have a port. That would add to the number of 'Shipping' hexes; those are otherwise unchanged throughout the game.
Okay, I figured this out and fixed it.

The synthetic oil plant that Italy built in El Agheila was destroyed. That caused problems with restoring the saved game because what had been a Shipping Hex was no longer a valid Shipping hex.

Version 1.4.1.0 will have this correction.

---

By the way, running the game through to May/June 1949, as you have done, will likely turn up some other anomalies.
Steve

Viktor_Kormel_slith

Thanks again, Steve. We suspected that the synth oil was the possible cause!

And about the game, we started in June of the last Year, playing one ten hour session for week.

Playing the extended time after 1946 or so it´s very interesting becouse is a genuine MWIF experience but we had to agree some house rules to balance the game.
I will report my thoughs about it soon but I can say forward that WIF (like game I´m not talking about the program) doesn´t work very good, two much unbalanced, two much rigid and unrealistic.

In far, far future,it would be necessary a hard revision, modifying some rules, adding new units, etc to get a better game experience along 1946 - 1952!

[;)][;)]

Return to “Tech Support”