[FIXED B698] Ninrod ASW

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

rgflores

[FIXED B698] Ninrod ASW

Post by rgflores »

Hello,

I´m playing FOST: Advanced ASW Exercise and I am enjoying a lot. But I have a quesiton about Ninrod ASW operation.
The problem is that the aircraft mission is set to ASW patrol and its status is "Engaged Offensive", however everything Ninrod does is to cycle the "goblin" signal without never drop torpedoes. It´s different what occurs with helicopters since they always launch torpedoes as soon as possible.
Is it a bug? Thank you.
Dobey455

RE: Ninrod ASW

Post by Dobey455 »

Most likely the Nimrod is not abvle to identify the Sub type, so cant tell if it is hostile.
There is a rule of engagement you can set that will tell it to fire on unidentified contacts, but you will need to be careful that you don't cause friendly fire incidents - or you could just manually drop the torp.
rgflores

Post by rgflores »

Ok, I will try this suggestion, thank you for your help!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

A savegame would help tons [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
p1t1o

Post by p1t1o »

Its probably the same as discussed here. Obtaining a usable savegame before something goes wrong is problematic but seriously, I have a hard time getting ASW aircraft to drop properly under most circumstances. Part of the difficulty (in obtaining accurate enough position data and having the aircraft in the place before the info degrades) Im sure is intentional, but there does seem to be something off - as discussed in the attached thread.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I would think that if it happens repeatedly, a save would be pretty easy. Just turn on the autosave feature and note when it happens.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Okay should be fixed in the upcoming patch then :)

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”