Possible Bugs / Easy Fixes for 4.50.14

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
vobbnobb

Possible Bugs / Easy Fixes for 4.50.14

Post by vobbnobb »

-StuGIIIG getting kills without facing troops while immobilized. Facing north but still kills troops @ west. Not sure about other TDs
-Right clicking tank there is no colored marker for defend mode
-3 Inch Gun doesn't mention 76mm on label
-Tank crews don't have smgs. 1 member usually does.
-I didn't see any German troops with regular G43s.
-Plans to add M7 Priest or chafee tank back in or new vehicles?
-MG-34 teams?
-Attacking tank engines with .50 cal mg team and getting kills shows at end debriefing for kills, but isn't counted for the individual soldiers on debriefing screen for them as kills just empty.
Tejszd

RE: Possible Bugs / Easy Fixes for 4.50.14

Post by Tejszd »

- Germans say "I can't take it anymore" in English
- bugs listed in the TLD thread since TLD/WAR are almost the same code; tm.asp?m=3387394
- TLD/WAR are compatible for mods except for the commander picture size, WAR should use the same size as TLD for mod compatibility

Bump
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

These issues & requests have been added to the bug tracking database, so they can be considered next time there is an update to WaR. Thanks for your feedback.

Steve
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

There is no colored marker for Defend Period.Never has been as far as I know
-
Plans to add M7 Priest or chafee tank back in or new vehicles?

The M7 Priest is in StockMod.
There are two different variants as well.Regular and a Winter Camo Version,depending on which BG your using based on Date.
The Chafee isnt but I will correct that.
StockMod has MANY different variants to Vehicles based of what BG and what Date it is.The original game of WAR did not use all the Vehicles that were created in the Tanks.Azp
Stock Mod does and has expanded that.
I.E.
Vangard Troops use the old CCIV colored Vehicles and only the SS BG's use the Camo Tanks.
Also for the Allies a Tank Dozer was created as was a Willys Jeep.
Allied BG's also have variants based on Date....Early dates use Green colored Tanks...BG's that arrive later in the Campaign use Winter Camo Tanks/Vehicles.There is also Tanks with sandbags for later BG's.

Also Vehicles cant cross quite a few Bridges.
I.E. Magaret
I was able to get an M20 across by manipulating the way points just before the point before it said No Clear Path.Then moved to a point over the Bridge,but I was not able to get it back across the Bridge.No matter how much I manipulated the way point.
The Exit VL to Longvilly is to the North/West on this map and Vehicles Can not reach it.

There's other Bridges like this too...Trois Ponts.
The wooden looking Bridge on the West side of the map doesn't let me cross.

I'm not sure what causes this.
The Vehicle size for the M20 is 9,the smallest one.

Whats the fix so I can correct it?
Elements?The Building Level in the Elements file is set to 0 which the workbook says is "One Story"
Map Codding?
Vehicle Size?
Image size of the Bridge...Thus leading to a too small a Bridge to cross?

I don't know.

Platoon_Michael

Thanks to vobbnobb
StockMod now has the colored Marker for Defend.
This new version has not been uploaded and wont be for quite some time,due to amount of editing that still needs to be done.

Attachments
UO0016.jpg
UO0016.jpg (272.99 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Platoon_Michael

Ive held on for a long time waiting for WAR to be updated.

Its been said more than once by Matrix this version and or other versions will not receive the MANY fixes to the Errors these games have and need fixed.

All Because they have moved on to the Unity version.

Same thing they did when they went to TLD,LSA,PiFT,GWTC

And based on said experience from Matrix the same thing "The Bloody First" will get.

Do you know what happens to people who dont study History?

They are Doomed to repeat it!
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

The bridgeproblem goes back to path finding changes made in a TLD/WAR patch making vehicles need a wider path which probably helped in treed or rural areas but definitely causes problem with bridges. The problem has been raised for both games as in TLD the Pegasus bridge which the paratroops held to prevent German armour reinforcements coming toward the beaches doesn't even allow armour to cross??? [&:]
Platoon_Michael

Whats puzzling is there are other maps with narrow bridges and vehicles don't have that problem
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

They could be coded wider than they look???
Platoon_Michael

Yea I looked at that

That isn't the case.

It isn't rubble or craters created during game play either.
Because I've played the Magaret and Trois Ponts map on single Battle and still have the same problem crossing the Bridges
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Is the map using 'under bridge' or 'bridge walls' or some other impassable element along the side of the bridge?

Due to the way the underlying terrain representation works (various levels of squares tiles) it is possible to have a bridge at an angle right on the corner of several tiles, and the code won't be able to figure out how to get a vehicle across because there is not enough passable bridge in any one tile. You might try shifting all the coding of the elements 1 element square right or left and see if that helps.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Any plan to actually check and fix, if needed, all the bridges in TLD/WAR to make sure they work???
Platoon_Michael

I do see the Map as having Bridge Wall,It does however appear that it doesn't cross over any part of the bridge.(Just the edges of the bridge are codded as wall)
The Bridge itself is codded as Bridge.

I was under the impression WAR does not have the ability for troops to go under Bridges so really don't know how to check that.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

I do see the Map as having Bridge Wall,It does however appear that it doesn't cross over any part of the bridge.(Just the edges of the bridge are codded as wall)

I was under the impression WAR does not have the ability for troops to go under Bridges so really don't know how to check that.

It does not, but the original 'under bridge' element was used in older versions (starting in CC3 I think?) to mark the edge of a bridge. I wasn't sure which convention WaR was using (bridge wall vs. under bridge.)

Were you able to try moving the coding for the bridge elements one or two elements to help it line up on the map tile better?

Steve

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd
Any plan to actually check and fix, if needed, all the bridges in TLD/WAR to make sure they work???

That is something we will need to evaluate next time there is work scheduled on the older games. There is no schedule for such work at this time.

Steve
Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

Were you able to try moving the coding for the bridge elements one or two elements to help it line up on the map tile better?

Steve

I'm not gonna recode your maps for you.
I actually find it insulting for you to ask a consumer to try and fix your errors.

Matrix Close Combat Consumer by Websters definition:
One who buys said game for $40+ dollars and then has to post errors/Bugs he finds while playing said $40+ game.
Then has to convince Matrix that said errors/Bugs are indeed bugs through countless posts on the forums.

Then said consumer will be told to fix them himself because there is no interest/time/money/or foreseeable future for a patch to fix said error.

I'm pretty sure in a legal court system that would be considered FRAUD!
Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

That is something we will need to evaluate next time there is work scheduled on the older games. There is no schedule for such work at this time.

Its a shame I didn't have the option to schedule my payment as to when I have time to pay for it.
For some reason I dint see that in the Matrix Store Options
Platoon_Michael

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Michael,

Based on the preceding conversation I assumed you had been investigating the element coding of that map in 5CC, and I was curious if you had tweaked it and if that made a difference. This information would help be evaluate the time it might take to make this fix, if an when WaR receives another update. At no point did I ask you to fix anything.

Thank you for your feedback.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump

Return to “Tech Support”