Divided Ground: Eight new 'Chinese Farm' scenarios by Alan R. Arvold

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Crossroads

Divided Ground: Eight new 'Chinese Farm' scenarios by Alan R. Arvold

Post by Crossroads »

Now with the Middle East release date out in the open, and a couple of months still to go, time to dust up that old Divided Ground one more time and to enjoy a set of Chinese Farm scenarios (eight, in fact) by Alan R. Arvold:

One of the big battles of the 1973 Yom Kippur War was the battle of Chinese Farm. Yet the game Divided Ground did not have a scenario for it though it certainly deserved one. As it was a Chinese Farm scenario was being designed for the game when it was in development, but as is well known the development was cut drastically short as Talonsoft wanted to get the game out before they went under.

What was left in the game was the map that was developed for the scenario and two scenarios that were quickly made, one being a test scenario that was used to test out the game system, and the other being the Botzer scenario where the Egyptian 25 th Armored Brigade gets destroyed.

That’s not very exciting if you ask me. Well I am going to change that now. In this set are eight scenarios dealing with the Battle of Chinese Farm. Each deals with a day or night phase of the four day battle. Each scenario is complete and has its own victory conditions. The scenarios are not linked in a campaign and thus the outcome of a scenario does not affect the set up or conditions of the next one on the list. Each scenario uses a common mapsheet and the order of battle for each scenario comes from a master order of battle for the entire series.

Also included in this set are the revised versions of the scenarios “The Most Terrible Night” and “Across the Purple Line”, both by Al Sandrik, which can be found on the Games Depot website.

Get them from here: LINK

I don't own Divided Ground so any issues with the files please report here.

[:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
BeirutDude

RE: Divided Ground: Eight new 'Chinese Farm' scenarios by Alan R. Arvold

Post by BeirutDude »

WOW! I had fun designing those scenarios! I designed a lot more too that I never posted as there seemed to be little interest in the game.

Can't wait to see the new one and design some more! :-) Is it going to have USMC? As I was in Beirut with the 24th MAU HQ in 1983 I'd like to design a "Root" scenario.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

BTW, I usually save everything, bet those other Divided Ground scenarios are still around but maybe on a 3.5" disk :-)
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

USMC won't be included in the first release.

They will definitely show up in Vietnam and Cold War.

Possibly a later UPDATE for Middle East, but that won't be for a few years.

I look forward to seeing your new creations when Middle East is released! I think you'll be impressed with all the possibilies now from a scenario design point of view.

Sooooo exciting!
Jason Petho
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I spent half my tour in the Marines aboard Navy Amphib ships going on WestPac cruises, that was very cool!! I was in 1980-1984.Third Marines, Kay-Bay Alpha Coy 1-3, Lima Coy 3-3, Oooh-rah!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Thank you! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”