[NO REPRO, PROBABLY FIXED B709] Unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AlexGGGG

[NO REPRO, PROBABLY FIXED B709] Unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area

Post by AlexGGGG »

I have another case of this, previous case was fixed, currently running build 678.3.

At some point, AAW patrols break with the message "Group_whatever is unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area", after which patrolling aircraft will just continue on what happens to be the last heading and speed.

Attached is the save file.
Attachments
RussianCi..haseIII.zip
(938.49 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
ComDev

RE: Unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area

Post by ComDev »

You've added a No-Nav zone covering the exact same area as the patrol area, so the aircraft cannot enter. Thus the message [:D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

I still think something is wrong,

When I open a save file, there are no no-nav zones in the zone editor. I also do not have a red no-nav highlight over the area.

Also, I distinctly recall deleting the only one no-nav zone there ever was, and I deleted it much earlier.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I just ran this and couldn't find any no-nav zones listed. I also ran it for a while and the patrols all seemed to function normally after the initial log message.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hm seems I responded in the wrong thread, the scen in question was a Canary's Cage savegame. Lol.

Im not able to reproduce the error here, must be one of those random quirks, gah! There was also a fix in the error handling code for B709 that may have resolved this by catching the error and re-trying [:'(]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”