Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BBfanboy

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by BBfanboy »

If you can find something that features a sheep bell, that would be a theme for this AAR! [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Hahah! [:D]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Got an update from Olorin! He has only R&D left but will need some time to read up on PDU OFF. He could send the turn as early as Sunday but since I leave town to visit one of my sisters early on Monday I suggested he holds on to it until Tuesday when I´m back home.

He also started his own AAR which is awesome. [:)]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Oh, and no Sheep AAR is complete without some music and drinks... [;)]

I got some complaint from a reader recently that my music is to manly and viking for old geezers... [;)] So speaking of Geezers lets have an old classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogPgnYoJ0M

Extra points if you get the joke (which I´m insanely proud of btw..)

(PS. I´ve been working on the whiskey for the last hour while watching Cloud Atlas. It didn´t start out almost empty [;)] )

Attachments
Beer.jpg
Beer.jpg (82.39 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Three pages and maybe three posts on strategy and tactics.[:D]

No turn.[&:]

What are you going to do with Force Z? How will you keep it alive?

If you don't plan to fight with her, a run to the base two or three hexes south of Singers and disbanding into port (set do not refuel) is a good way to hide -- with your tail between your legs (like the name of this AAR).

Then again, you could do the manly thing, or should I say the Viking thing, and rush Force Z to Sinkiawing and slug it out. Probably a carrier or two there, but you never know, and it is better than running and hiding.

Probably depends upon how much you have had to drink while you do the turn -- doesn't it.[:D]

PS: Clean out your pm.

JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Three pages and maybe three posts on strategy and tactics.[:D]

No turn.[&:]

What are you going to do with Force Z? How will you keep it alive?

If you don't plan to fight with her, a run to the base two or three hexes south of Singers and disbanding into port (set do not refuel) is a good way to hide -- with your tail between your legs (like the name of this AAR).

Then again, you could do the manly thing, or should I say the Viking thing, and rush Force Z to Sinkiawing and slug it out. Probably a carrier or two there, but you never know, and it is better than running and hiding.

Probably depends upon how much you have had to drink while you do the turn -- doesn't it.[:D]

PS: Clean out your pm.

Strategy? Tactics? How can that be more fun than beer? [:D]

In all honestly I havn´t given much thought yet to the nitpickings. I´ll just wing it when I get the turn. I´ll try to remember this time though that the first turn is just one phase and not two. See? I learned from last time. [:'(]

I´ll try to be more careful with PoW this time around. Its a very useful ship early on as the Allies are starved for fast BBs. But I´m not going to run and hide. My Viking ancestors would be horrified! [:D]

PMs cleaned out. [:)]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

PS. Check post #56 for some strategic brilliance from yours truly! No strategy and tactics? Pffff! [;)]
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Bottle of Dog!

Now thats a blast from the past, used to get very drunk on that at University in Newcastle.

Ah, them where the days...
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

A little bit of "strategy and tactics" to appease poor Lowpe! [:D]

I have a clear vision of what I want to accomplish in 42. I´ve set my goals and that will govern most of what I do during 42. I´ve tried to look at what I´ve done previously and don´t repeat that. I think I have a solid idea that will put some serious hurt on Japan. But I will of course have to react on what Olorin does. I have a finite pool of resources and while I would love to pour everything from it into my little project that´s not going to happen.

I wasn´t joking when I said "I´ll wing it when I get the turn". As the allies you can´t do much on the 1st turn. I can only move existing TFs and China basically. Non of that needs much prior figuring out. Force Z is of course something that needs some pondering. But I´ll do what I always do. Go by the guts. Failed last time but I might get it right this time. Up? Down? Left? Right? [:D]

42 will in large be dictated by Olorin. While I can dream about launching something major in mid/late 42 reality have to ultimately govern my actions. Most likely I will spend most of 42 fighting for my life in OZ. Olorin has been there. He knows how it works and I bet he will try to match or even better his success against Michael there.

But its too early too tell. Perhaps in early January the pattern will be clear enough to tell his overall plan.

PS. I can´t believe no one caught the reference in post #64. What are you? Neanderthals? [:D]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Bottle of Dog!

Now thats a blast from the past, used to get very drunk on that at University in Newcastle.

Ah, them where the days...

I bought 4 cases (4x24 bottles) when I was in Germany last summer. Cost like 5 Euros for 24 bottles. Its taking me time to finish them all though! Not the best of beers! [:D]
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

I stopped drinking it when I woke up on the floor of my student digs, having the last memory of being on a dancefloor on "The Boat".

Obviously this was before wife, kids, WITP:AE, job, mortgage etc!
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Encircled

I stopped drinking it when I woke up on the floor of my student digs, having the last memory of being on a dancefloor on "The Boat".

Obviously this was before wife, kids, WITP:AE, job, mortgage etc!

What? There was a life before wife and kids? I have some vague memories of being able to sleep during the nights but thats about it! [:D]
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

A little bit of "strategy and tactics" to appease poor Lowpe! [:D]

I have a clear vision of what I want to accomplish in 42. I´ve set my goals and that will govern most of what I do during 42. I´ve tried to look at what I´ve done previously and don´t repeat that. I think I have a solid idea that will put some serious hurt on Japan. But I will of course have to react on what Olorin does. I have a finite pool of resources and while I would love to pour everything from it into my little project that´s not going to happen.

I wasn´t joking when I said "I´ll wing it when I get the turn". As the allies you can´t do much on the 1st turn. I can only move existing TFs and China basically. Non of that needs much prior figuring out. Force Z is of course something that needs some pondering. But I´ll do what I always do. Go by the guts. Failed last time but I might get it right this time. Up? Down? Left? Right? [:D]

42 will in large be dictated by Olorin. While I can dream about launching something major in mid/late 42 reality have to ultimately govern my actions. Most likely I will spend most of 42 fighting for my life in OZ. Olorin has been there. He knows how it works and I bet he will try to match or even better his success against Michael there.

But its too early too tell. Perhaps in early January the pattern will be clear enough to tell his overall plan.

PS. I can´t believe no one caught the reference in post #64. What are you? Neanderthals? [:D]

This is actual the best thing you can say right now. As the Allies early too many players fall into a planning stage and forget to take advantage of opportunities. Being flexible and responsive will let you get to him when you can and with experience you'll know where the points are that you can be effective.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
obvert

Post by obvert »

PS - didn't get the joke, but that is one helluva live rendition of War Pigs!! [&o][&o]

Had to plug in the big speakers since the wife's at yoga!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: obvert

PS - didn't get the joke, but that is one helluva live rendition of War Pigs!! [&o][&o]

Had to plug in the big speakers since the wife's at yoga!

Old geezers... Geezer Butler (Base player in Black Sabbath). I thought naming all band members from the "big three" (Sabbath, Zepplin, Purple) was required teaching in school?! [:D]

PS. Here is "Children of the Grave" from the same concert! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHRPYwdmEs [:)]
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I can offer limited advise right now. For some 'dumb' reason I've got two games as Allies going on... Its not the fact that I have two, but both are playing BTS 'lite' with John 3rd kicking my butt all over the eastern Pacific in Feb 42 and then against 1EyedJack (very first PBEM opponent)in late Dec 41. Its hard to keep morale up for two games at this stage vs having one in late 42 or beyond to get some positive feedback. Thankfully, weather saved Sara and Yorktown from being crushed by KB in Gulf of Alaska. [8D]
[center]Image[/center]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I can offer limited advise right now. For some 'dumb' reason I've got two games as Allies going on... Its not the fact that I have two, but both are playing BTS 'lite' with John 3rd kicking my butt all over the eastern Pacific in Feb 42 and then against 1EyedJack (very first PBEM opponent)in late Dec 41. Its hard to keep morale up for two games at this stage vs having one in late 42 or beyond to get some positive feedback. Thankfully, weather saved Sara and Yorktown from being crushed by KB in Gulf of Alaska. [8D]

At least you can´t whine about the music in here this time... [;)]
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

If I do, then I can bring my own playlist to the party...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTe ... eH_Pg#t=10
[center]Image[/center]
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

Ummmmm, my ex wife was English, from Royal Lillington, Leamington Spa in the Midlands. She had three brothers. Three times I accompanied my ex to England to visit her family. Every night, down to the pub to get beaten at darts and pass out on New Castle Brown!

Had a great time.

*laughing*
"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

Funny thing, every time I start a new game I think I have improved, only to find myself being tested further. It's a very confusing learning curve

Return to “After Action Reports”