Flagged hexes

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

James Ward

Flagged hexes

Post by James Ward »

Is there any benefit to capturing the hexes with the flags that are not the scenario objectives?

Also I have a hard time telling which flag is shown since they are both Red. Can this be modded to make the German flags black and the Soviets stay Red?
Ronald Wendt

RE: Flagged hexes

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi James Ward,

any object may contain resources. If this is the case it will be indicated in the lower left of the panel if you hover over it on the map.

And an occupation or loss can in theory always trigger events, they depend on the map design. I will add a new entry into the "Good to know!" thread to show an example of an panel with such a display.

As to the flags, while they are both red they have different symbols. Are you saying those are not big enough ? I just need to understand the exact nature of the problem before we can do anything about it. Also this did not come up until now so we are a bit in the dark here.

Regards,
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

Ron,
Thanks for the answer.
Regarding the flags it is hard to see the symbol on the flag given the angle they are set to. It is very hard to tell who actually owns it. It shouldn't be that hard to tell who owns the hex.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello James Ward,

I was so used to play in a certain manner that this didi not occur to me and nobody else came up with it.

So thanks a lot, this gave me a new insight on the display of the ownership.

Now we will think about solutions for this glitch.

Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello James Ward,

here is a little update. We agreed to change this, but it might not make it into 1.07 as the schedule for that version is quite full. If thats the case it will be included in the next update (supposably 1.08 [;)] ).

So thanks again for the hint.

Regards,
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

not been a problem myself but thanks for the work / support as ever
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hello James Ward,

here is a little update. We agreed to change this, but it might not make it into 1.07 as the schedule for that version is quite full. If thats the case it will be included in the next update (supposably 1.08 [;)] ).

So thanks again for the hint.

Regards,

Thanks!
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello James Ward,

you are welcome. Sometimes suggestions change a game for the sake of change itself. And even if its only a small fraction of the players that might have problems with the current solution, this is going to improve the game and that's what we long for.

Regards,

Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello again,

we are happy to announce this was changed for 1.07 already as we introduced a new system for the markers.

More information and a screenshot will follow when the time has come.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”