Captured Equipment

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

wgfred

Captured Equipment

Post by wgfred »

Playing the Japanese in campaign against AI I've managed to capture some Stuart tanks. I was unable to restore them after battle damage and they ended up completely destroyed. However I noticed during deployment in the next battle I was able to revive the entire unit from the dead pile at 100% strength. Is this a planned function or is this an error? It would seem unreasonable to be able to restore destroyed captured equipment/units to 100%. This also occurred with a captured Netherlands Flak unit so it is not unique to the Stuart tanks.
zakblood

RE: Captured Equipment

Post by zakblood »

when more stuff is captured during the war, the amount of broken and spare parts made repairing and serving more captured equipment more common place
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Yeah that's not supposed to be possible [8|]
wgfred

Post by wgfred »

Screen shot of reviving captured tanks.

Attachments
Revivecaptdtanks.jpg
Revivecaptdtanks.jpg (429.46 KiB) Viewed 150 times
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I find it silly that the US can end up with combat units made up of captured Japanese fighters. While there were individual captured and refurbished specimens of both German and Japanese aircraft flown by specialized technical evaluation units, no Americans ever fought the Japanese while flying captured Japanese aircraft.
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Texican

Post by Texican »

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

I find it silly that the US can end up with combat units made up of captured Japanese fighters. While there were individual captured and refurbished specimens of both German and Japanese aircraft flown by specialized technical evaluation units, no Americans ever fought the Japanese while flying captured Japanese aircraft.

True, they didn't use the captured Japanese fighters in combat, but it would be possible, although an absolute stretch. Mostly, this sort of thing happened in Europe, where the Germans used captured French or Czech equipment--second hand stuff to fill the gaps.

But, I don't mind it in this game. Adds flavor, just like making the Ise into a viable battleship/carrier combination is sort of cool. In reality, that thing could launch, but I don't think it could recover aircraft. But ... with any Panzer Corps-like game, we're in the realm of "beer and pretzels" gaming, so I think it's all good.
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Yes, all good and true. I'm just venting due to my recent frustration with the beer and pretzels game aspect of OOB:P which I knew was there to begin with. I have a love/hate relationship with the games in this genre ever since PG: loving the atmosphere and strategic upgrade choices but absolutely hating the scripted scenarios and puzzle-like aspects it takes to win the harder ones. I much prefer sandbox games where you can try to replicate history without having to have your hand held and being shoved and pushed this way and that by the designers. It's just me, I admit. I'm 2/3 of the way through the US campaign and am already bored/frustrated to the point where I don't even feel like finishing the campaign. It's like buying fragrant popcorn at the theater then sitting down to find out that you've already seen the movie and the popcorn is actually stale and the butter has soured...
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”