One more with feeling

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rroberson

One more with feeling

Post by rroberson »

Okay I am going to toss my hat back in the ring looking for a game. I generally have multiple games going at once but had to quit all online fun a few months ago due to life. Well life has calmed down and I'm ready for more.

I have played this game since they opened it to the public and will likely play it until after they close the doors. Most of my games have made it to 43, but I have known to surrender now and then before that. I have had two games get to 45, which was really cool. Despite my years playing I consider myself a rank novice as I really don't dig into the number crunching like some of the players here. Mostly I like making things explode.

I'm open to any of the long campaigns and what house rules we agree to. I prefer someone who can play multiple turns in a day as once I get going I can grind out two or three a day as long as wife 2.0 is bothering me to much.

My only requirement for a game is that we play two-day turns. The game moves a bit faster and it cuts down on my ability to micro-manage too much. Other then that I am open to most anything else. I will play either side but prefer to play the allies as just about all my experience has been playing the Japanese so I'm really still learning how to be a proper allied fan boy. I just downloaded the latest build (released in march I believe) so I think my game is up to date.

Tap me in this thread...in a PM and I will send you my email.

Fair winds.
Longstrett

RE: One more with feeling

Post by Longstrett »

pm send
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

I sent you a reply.

rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Still looking for a game as the allies...

I would be more then willing to take over someone's abandoned game...as I admit if I have to live through 42 one more time I might go Kamikaze :-).
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Bumpity bump bump...

Still looking to scare up an allied game...or take over an abandoned one.

You guys are kind of making me worried that WITPAE isn't still going strong 10 years later...
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I think its the 2-day turns. If I didn´t have a game already I wouldn´t have minded trying but AE players for the most part seems really scared to try out something they havn´t done before! [:D]
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

lol...yeah...that I get it. It took a lot of convincing to get me to try 2-day turns. Once I got use to it though I was completely sold. You get a good solid flow of the game and you aren't locked into something that will take 5 years (assuming that players get in one turn a day) to complete. My last opponent the one game that we just about made it to the end finished in about 2 years and that was due largely to two day turns (and the fact he could turn around 2 or 3 a day).

1275psi

Post by 1275psi »

PM sent
big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Bumpity bump.

I have a good quick game going and now am seeking a second one. I can settle for 1 day turns (for you micro-managers) but still prefer a quick game. My current Opponent and I get out about 4 turns a day and while it's unlikely I can find a second game to match that output...something quick would be good.

Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Hello Rroberson,

unfortunately my game suddenly end rather early, therefore I'd like to play another one as Allied, DBB C scenario 28 with stack limits and new Asia road would be my preferred choice.

Surely I cannot play more turns in a day (maybe in the night or in the week-end) but I'm willing to try 2 day per turn.

I'm open to discuss HRs and so on if you are interested.

P.S: I'm a green player and I don't know if it is ok for you.
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Unfortunately, I am not really interested in the mods...mostly because of being too lazy to figure out where things go after the download. I have heard they are terrific and one of these days I will try one again...but I'm trying to stay vanilla for the moment.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”